Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1998 700 rmk its bone stock and wondering if any one noes what i can do to it to make it a bad ass mountain climbe

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I used to have a 99 rmk 700. Sweet sled. It had a 151 track, cpi twin pipes/stingers, shaved head .030, boost bottle, 19/39 gears, clutched, and other things to help it in the powder like simmons skis, riser.... But it got stolen last year. Now buddy has a backup 97 rmk 700 that we are tryin to make into the same sled that was stolen. So far 151 track slp single pipe/can, himark head, Wiseco pistons, boost bottle, same gears, workin on the clutching.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ya my back up sled has that ^^^^ plus v force 2 reeds
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]I used to have a 99 rmk 700. Sweet sled. It had a 151 track, cpi twin pipes/stingers, shaved head .030, boost bottle, 19/39 gears, clutched, and other things to help it in the powder like simmons skis, riser.... But it got stolen last year. Now buddy has a backup 97 rmk 700 that we are tryin to make into the same sled that was stolen. So far 151 track slp single pipe/can, himark head, Wiseco pistons, boost bottle, same gears, workin on the clutching.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i think i am gonna put a 159 on it and pipe it and put new reeds in it and clutch it and put a bosst bottle on it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
if thats all your gunna do, I would not put the 159 on it. It will pull it put as some people think of the M7 it will be under powdered. just my .02

·
Registered
51 Posts
where are you riding and what elevation? that will determine how we can help with your setup. i had three of them and had an awsome setup.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ride up in the mountains and i do alot of hill climbing........the elvation is about 3200ft

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I had a 98 RMK and it worked awsome in the mountains.
151, SLP twins, mild porting and cleaning up the cases, advanced the timing, 40mm Rack carbs, Mountain fit hood and digitron so as to lose the heavy stock hood and gage pod/headlight assy. (dropped 25 plus pounds right there), 19/39 gearing, Almond round primary, You will want to look up the weights SLP suggests for your elevation, R-8 helix, SLP heavy spring (I forget the color).
Risers, extended throttle cable and brake line, My Lefty of course.
Ran NX nitrous on it for a while and that was just plain fun.
Over all, the sled straight up rocked.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i got the same sled just rebuilt and i love it( twin pipes, clutches, top end 151) and a 5" riser. the riser is nice cause the stock bars are so low. i recommend an articulating riser like the one from gravity worx racing. if you add twin pipes make sure you tune your carbs rich at idle, mid range, and top end to start out and work down from there, so you dont burn it up. make sure to clean out your pilot jets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts