Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Mods to lift the back end of the sled?

46K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  edmondpogi 
#1 ·
I want to lift the rear end of my Vmax to provide a little more room for the heat exchangers, and possibly give it a little more of an aggresive stance. Any ideas on adding that lift? Or photos of your mod to lift it? Would be greatly appreciated...

#3 ·
Get some 3" x 3" angle aluminium, and some flat plate, measure and rivit, or bolt to tunnel just under where the stock rear holes are, and drill out the bottom front holes on the tunnel where the fron of the skid mounts. Done deal, thats what I did.
Auto part Wheel Vehicle Automotive wheel system Car

If all eles fails do a search this has been covered lots before.

#4 ·
Did it to mine. slp makes ones for gen 2 sleds for 20 bucks. im sure it could work for you. but they also have universal ones made too. make sure you drop the front too. almost as far as the back.

BEFORE

Vehicle Car Bumper Tire Automotive exterior

Bumper Vehicle

AFTER
Vehicle Car Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Mode of transport

Snowmobile Vehicle Racing Winter sport Motorsport

Attachments

#5 ·
Totally different ballgame on that Yammi....you need to talk to Bruce @ CB Performance Parts(sponser here) and he has a set of brackets made for the Pro-Actions sleds. They work but can be tricky because Yammi had their head somewhere it shouldn't have been when they designed that suspension and with the three mounting points it screws things up. Good luck and as stated, you won't gain anything and the sled may handle worse.

#8 ·
On the XC there was a hole in the front bracket, but not through the tunnel. Just had to drill out the hole thru the tunnel and remount the front. Dont know if its the same on the VMax. Friend raised his up just in the rear and chewed up brand new sliders in 15 miles.

#9 ·
MuscleD said:
Did it to mine. slp makes ones for gen 2 sleds for 20 bucks. im sure it could work for you. but they also have universal ones made too. make sure you drop the front too. almost as far as the back. Hi there skibum here would like to know if you have to tighten/losen the track after making the brackets and how do you drop the front thanks would like to raise mine up some to ty

BEFORE

Bumper Vehicle

AFTER
Vehicle Car Bumper

#10 ·
teamarctic14 said:
MuscleD said:
Did it to mine. slp makes ones for gen 2 sleds for 20 bucks. im sure it could work for you. but they also have universal ones made too. make sure you drop the front too. almost as far as the back.

BEFORE

Bumper Vehicle

AFTER
Vehicle Car Bumper

im thinking of buying the slp drop brackets but how do i go about dropping the front
The front you just drill holes under the original holes. Almost as much as the back bolt. Just measure and drill.

One thing I noticed is the front suspension lifts up a bit too by doing this.

Attachments

#12 ·
MuscleD said:
Did it to mine. slp makes ones for gen 2 sleds for 20 bucks. im sure it could work for you. but they also have universal ones made too. make sure you drop the front too. almost as far as the back. Hi there skibum here would like to know if you have to tighten/losen the track after making the brackets and how do you drop the front thanks would like to raise mine up some to can it be done with the 95 900 t-Cats ty

BEFORE

Bumper Vehicle

AFTER
Vehicle Car Bumper

Attachments

#14 ·
skibum said:
Vintage_Sledneck said:
Saw this ad in Duluth MN craigslist

http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2003231552.html

This is what I did to my apollo

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle

hay got ??????????? about the link you added what thickness is the steel or do you know
I dont know the thickness I just saw the ad on craigslist, but you can email the guy and ask him

Attachments

#15 ·
on my edge the already have the brackets to raise the back end. it made a huge difference on the jumps and racing so much more torque and in the deep snow i couldn't get stuck! good choice to do it! but i did it on my 440 Indy sport and i just made my own brackets!

#16 ·
I used the factory drop brackets...
Vehicle Snowmobile Yellow Recreation Motorsport

Attachments

#21 ·
Put a different suspension under the back.

Then, as well as a lift, you'll also have more travel making it a better and safer ride. The xtra-10 would be best/easiest.

#23 ·
One way to lift the rear end of your Vmax is to install an aftermarket suspension lift kit. These kits are designed to raise the height of the snowmobile's rear suspension, which can provide more clearance for the heat exchangers and give the snowmobile a more aggressive stance.

There are several manufacturers that offer lift kits for snowmobiles, and the specific kit you choose will depend on your Vmax's year, make, and model. Some popular brands of lift kits include SLP, Highmark, and ZBroz.

Another option is to install a longer track on your Vmax. A longer track will naturally raise the rear end of the snowmobile, which can provide more clearance and improve the stance. However, installing a longer track may require modifications to the suspension and drive system to accommodate the increased length.

It's important to keep in mind that modifying the suspension or track of your snowmobile can have an impact on its performance and handling characteristics. You may want to consult with a professional mechanic or snowmobile performance shop before making any modifications to ensure that they are safe and appropriate for your specific needs.

I hope this information is helpful, and best of luck with your Vmax modifications!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.