Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one got or tried out the hjc symax modular helmet. does it seal good with no air coming thro. when riding at high speeds. im thinking about gettin one. i like the idea when u stop for a break u can just flip the whole front of the helmet up instead of taking the whole thing off.[:D]

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dad has a flip up helmet but is not a hjc and he has no problems with it he put a heated visor on it and never has any problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have this exact helmet and I love it. No problems with fogging and plenty of air vents if you are getting hot. I would highly recommend it. It's great stopping and having your favorite beverage without having to take your helmet off.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool does it let in alot of cold air tho. or does it got a good seal. i have a hjc air 5 and when riding at high speeds the air gets in somehow. i cant figure out how. last yr in michigan i got pissed and taped off all the vents and where the shiled meets the helmet and still somehow air got in. and at high speeds like 60-100 mph it got cold i am running an electric shield on it as well. i guess im looking for the modular style but when i ride hard and fast i dont want to get cold either lol [:D]

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a Polaris modular helmet, so needless to say I have not used it yet. I love the fact of being able to stop and flip it up and SEE! I personally hate feeling confined in a helmet (i know i am wierd :) Also helps not having to remove your helmet when facial hair is kind of long and hurts when ripping the helmet off. :)

Ray

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The downside to the Modular helmets is that they dont offer good facial protection in a collision. There is no chin guard. Just My 2 pennies. I'll take my open face, googles, and baklava. If you want a good closed face go with the standard HJC's. Mine keeps me toasty warm and never fogs. I only use the close faced when it is well below 0.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry guys, I just posted a similar question under General Discussion.
I have a new Polaris modular that is painfully loud at high speeds and I just gave it to my wife. Her sled has more wind protection so it should be ok.
I'm looking for a better modular now.

·
Registered
335 Posts
ok...???? did ya like the built in sun visor ? how about the weight?? well i gess im trying to find out all the negitives about the "polaris" modular (which i forgot the actual co. )that makes it, and all the negitives about the other styels, im tempted to go with the modular cause i like the idea of being able to enjoy a bowl or a cig, or a quick snack or mainly not having to Y E E E E E E E L at the top of my lungs through my full face to be heard,

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the whole concept of the modular thing. The sun visor is great in those bright snow conditions, the breath deflectors all but eliminate fogging and they're just as light. My only problem with the Polaris modular is that it's soooo loud at anything over 80mph on my Pro X 8. I'll be looking to buy the new Bombardier or HJC modular at the Toronto shows in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my father-in-law has a polaris modular, and swears by it. his last HJC shattered and led to a broken nose as his face met his handle bars, and MY last HJC essentially shattered as I crashed into a parked Ford Ranger, resulting in a minor concussion...but you cant hold that against HJC I think its just the way we ride...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^Nope it's the modular helmets causing that. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
have the bombardier modular... i ride in extreme cold and this is the best thing i have tried especialy if you wear glasses or drink/smoke/talk frequently.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have used the bombardier modular for six years and with the exception of being in extreme wind conditions on open barrens it serves me well. The new helmet is a combination flip removable mouth piece. I have tried the imitations to compare them to the bombardier modular and they don't come close. I highly recommend the bombardier modular.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the bombardier modular as well. Used it last season and my brother had to get one after using mine. Best money I have spent, besides the sled of coarse.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my buddy has one (bombardier modular) likes it but..... the down side is that you have to keep replacing the cloth that goes in side the mouth pertector. and in extreme temps the vents iced up.

oooh.... also the snap the holds the mouth piece in place broke off twice. my opion the hjc CL12 is the best for the $$$$$$ and about 100+/- cheaper then the emodular.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts