Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i recently came into possession of a moped. it had been sitting in a friends basement for about 15 years and he wanted it gone, so i took it for free. im not a huge fan on these little bikes, but damn it gets good mileage. im going about 30 miles on a quart of gas, averaging 25mph.
the great thing is that you dont need a motorcycle license, registration or insurance where i live, its just hop and go.

make fun of it all you want, and im aware i look like a dumbass riding it. but it gets me where i wanna go without putting gas in my truck all the time.

anyone else here have one?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No, but I do have a ninja 250. Top speed about 100mph 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and I got 70.4 MPG on my last tank, its a lot better to ride than a scooter and tons of fun but you have to have license and insurance and here an inspection...ect but still, cheap compared to my 14 MPG truck. And I got mine for $1000 with 182.4 miles on it, been sitting for about 10 years but a few hours and it runs like new and looks like it too except for a few minor scratches[thumb]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Mopeds are like fat chicks, both are fun to ride until your friends see you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
i do too...i want a ruckas though, those things are sweet

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ninja 250s are nice, but i dont need to do 100mph just to buzz around town to my friends houses. lol

heres a couple pics of my bike. 20101012181246152_29534.jpg
20101012181256121_29534.jpg
not too bad for a 1979 that had the crap beaten out of it

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
ninja 250s are nice, but i dont need to do 100mph just to buzz around town to my friends houses. lol

heres a couple pics of my bike. 20101012181246152_29534.jpg
20101012181256121_29534.jpg
not too bad for a 1979 that had the crap beaten out of it
But you don't look retarded on a ninja, on some mopeds.....you do. I quiet like yours and THE_Norwegian's though[thumb]

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
my friend has a real nice moped, its so much fun to ride! I got it up to about 45mph with my Fat A** on there! hahaha i'd like one just to F**K around on hahaha

·
Registered
97 Posts
recently got a 49.9cc mini bike budweiser chopper, just like a chopper except no clutch just shift through 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th gear it goes bout 55mph and is just as good on gas as a moped plus I dont look like a dumbass riding it!

check it out at http://www.orangelantern.com/minichopper.jpg[beatup]

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
SconsinSnowridder27 said:
recently got a 49.9cc mini bike budweiser chopper, just like a chopper except no clutch just shift through 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th gear it goes bout 55mph and is just as good on gas as a moped plus I dont look like a dumbass riding it!

thats so dope!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

Personally, if i seen a grown man riding one of them things going 55 i think i'd have to pull of the road i'd be laughing so hard[duel]

·
Registered
97 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:

Personally, if i seen a grown man riding one of them things going 55 i think i'd have to pull of the road i'd be laughing so hard[duel]
dude...I'm only 19![:(]

·
Registered
634 Posts
All you guys are dogging mopeds as if he expects to look cool on one. I love the moped! We had a Motobecane growing up, also a Garelli and a Batavus... all from the late 70's... Got them for 50 bucks each at a garage sale, ran for years and got great mileage.

Also bicycle parking was free at the lakes, but you had to pay for motorized vehicle parking, so we'd just pedal thru the gate and park for free![thumb]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:

dude...I'm only 19![:(]
I'm not ragging on you, i applaud you in fact[thumb] You got to admit, its still funny though[:)]

randall said:
All you guys are dogging mopeds as if he expects to look cool on one. I love the moped! We had a Motobecane growing up, also a Garelli and a Batavus... all from the late 70's... Got them for 50 bucks each at a garage sale, ran for years and got great mileage.

Also bicycle parking was free at the lakes, but you had to pay for motorized vehicle parking, so we'd just pedal thru the gate and park for free![thumb]
Yeah, the old pedal ones are great, i'd love to own one just to piddle around town in.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
randall said:

yea, the pedals have their advantages. plus if the thing craps out or you run out of gas (which usually wont happen) you just pedal to where you gotta go.

im not saying mopeds are the coolest thing around, but i'd much rather be on and old skool moped that is basically a bike with an engine than one of those new scooters.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
randall said:

yea, the pedals have their advantages. plus if the thing craps out or you run out of gas (which usually wont happen) you just pedal to where you gotta go.

im not saying mopeds are the coolest thing around, but i'd much rather be on and old skool moped that is basically a bike with an engine than one of those new scooters.
Me too, the new ones just look ridiculous.

·
Registered
564 Posts
hahaha, yeah fat chicks and train recks, but man the mileage is killer, I got an old 1984 80cc honda moped from a friend. Since its over 50 cc its technically a bike, so when she got a ticket for not having her license she decided to get a newer one with 50cc instead of going through the hassle. Since I was always fixing it she gave it to me. Its kind of a piece, but man that 80 cc's on a little thing like that, IT DOES KILLER WHEELIES!!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
make fun of it all you want, and im aware i look like a dumbass riding it. but it gets me where i wanna go without putting gas in my truck all the time.

anyone else here have one?
I love mine...

201093121732735_2057.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have a very rare Fantic Minarelli Chopper like they were called in EU
And in the states they were called raleigh choppers i think

20101017105129121_10844.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts