Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I work for an oil dist. Had a analysis done between Polaris oil and Amoco oil. The only thing different was the blue dye in the Polaris oil. I have been using Amoco in my 97 Ultra since it was new and 0 prob's. Chevron bought Amoco and Chevron just retained the rights of the patent for Amoco's semi synthetic 2 stroke oil. I'll be using Chevron when the Amoco oil run's out! I have a number of friends running this oil as well with no problem's. One took his ski doo apart (it's a ski doo) and was amazed at how clean the motor was. Besides this oil is about half the cost of Manufacturer's oil.

Runner

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Would Amaco oil be any good in a 1996 ZRT 600, and how much does it cost.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Runner do you know what oil is the same as Arctic-cat oil.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Amoco oil should work in any sled. I have sold it to guy's running Mach Z's, ZR 600's, XLT's, RXL's. I'm not sure what the cost is now, I last bought a couple of year's ago and my cost was $6 a gallon and it came in quart size. I'm not sure who makes the oil for Arctic Cat.

Runner

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey zrt, I don't think we can get amoco in canada, but if you take an empty 4 ltr jug to "sunken boat" they will fill it up with apv synthetic oil cheaper than buying it in the green jug. Or go to "northland" on Paris st. they have cheap prices.
Dave.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Where's "sunken boat", and all school's in Sudbury are closed for the day, but if it wasn't for this rain I would be sledding. (White Water Lake, or Mud Lake)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sudbury boat& canoe, the cat dealer in town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts