Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to start postin'. Too quiet!

Well here it starts. I have a pair of '94 XLTs. One developed a water leak last season. I'll be tearing it down starting tomorrow in prep for this season. Hope it turns out to be a hose and not the front rad. Will also be going over the undercariage too. I'm sure those old shocks are flatter than hell by now.

Recently picked up a project trailer too. 8' X 16' flatdeck(down to frame) to make a 4 place. It's tandem with e-brakes but they don't work yet. Never worked with electric brakes before so I hope they won't be too bad to get working.

Come on people, start postin'!!

-------------------------------------------

Lest we forget...... 09/11/01

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Water leak on the ole' XLT? I ave blown the head gasket like 3 times on mine, not a big deal to replace. Anyways, I am posting, just waiting for other people like you to post too!
I am still waiting for snow although I know it wont come for a while.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. Heads good, no problem there, just anti-freeze in the trunk space so I figure it's coming over the tunnel??

Hey can you see my sig ok? Did the flags come up for you?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Sorry, flags no work, you are on one of those servers that doesn't let you link to the pictures, it's to save bandwidth. I'll upload them to a good server (mine or erick's) and then they should work fine.

Hope all u have is a leaky hose, because a shot heat exchanger can be a bitch.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it turned out to be both water hoses. The return hose had a larger hole worn into it from rubbing near on the frame side wall. Easy enough to fix with a replacement and some sheilding but the water pump hose also had a small wear mark. This hose had a spring running through it to contour the curve from the pump side.

Does anyone know if you have to get an oem replacement or is there a way to use generic a/f hose for that side?

Erick/PM is there an automated server pic host function here or do you have personalized web space that pics can get uploaded to? Or do we just use the attach file function?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:
Erick/PM is there an automated server pic host function here or do you have personalized web space that pics can get uploaded to? Or do we just use the attach file function?[/quote]

Well, the stupid file upload system never wants to work here for us. Mabye when we upgrade the forum later this fall, we can get it to work or find a better system. I WOUlD like to make my site so users can have a personal webspace here, put up pictures, etc, or have a picture gallary. That would be coll. We will see.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The damn uploading system on the 3.3 forum don't work either.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts