Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 indy 500 and recently put a newer extra ten skid in, and some heavy visual mods and just want to know if thers anything easy to get more power , and it has that ***** up exhaust pipe with no can and want to know if thers anything i can do to make it loud as ****? ..........and PS im not cockey a buddy made my account for me and put "the shit"

[red] We Don't allow swearing on the site. I don't know why your username is what it is either. It should be changed.[/red]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
first off you're new here so just to let you know you should keep the cursing to a minimum. against the rules of the site. aside from that, there is a lot of heated debate about loud exhaust and having loud exhaust just for the sake of being loud. in my opinion and many others, loud just to be loud is obnoxious and a big problem in the sport. if you look around you can find aftermarket pipes for your sled that will make more power and also get a more aggressive sound along the way. new pipes are expensive, but you might find a used set for a decent price. a set of twin pipes for the indy 500 was just recently for sale in the parts section on this site.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, yah about the swearing i didnt realize that was a bad deal, sorry to all about that, and yeah i realize the noise is a problem in alot of places but not really where i ride because i am never on groomed or privet trails, and thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
go to the "all forums" link at the top of the this page. then scroll down until you see the "swap meet" section and "part" then in that forum, there is a subcategory for pipes,cans etc. i think those twin pics are already sold though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i still cant get over your "wow" coment, some people think their shti is just the best , your 91 rxl ? are you joking me? its a wedge chassis with triple pipes, that indy isnt even my primary sled thats just what i drive around my lot when theres hardley any snow, whenever i ride its in teh mountains and i take my 04 162" 1M, wich i garentee will out scream those rxl tripple pipes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by customindy
[br]i still cant get over your "wow" coment, some people think their shti is just the best , your 91 rxl ? are you joking me? its a wedge chassis with triple pipes, that indy isnt even my primary sled thats just what i drive around my lot when theres hardley any snow, whenever i ride its in teh mountains and i take my 04 162" 1M, wich i garentee will out scream those rxl tripple pipes.
You live in Grand Forks, ND. What mountains do you ride in there????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by ACG
[br]
[br]i still cant get over your "wow" coment, some people think their shti is just the best , your 91 rxl ? are you joking me? its a wedge chassis with triple pipes, that indy isnt even my primary sled thats just what i drive around my lot when theres hardley any snow, whenever i ride its in teh mountains and i take my 04 162" 1M, wich i garentee will out scream those rxl tripple pipes.

the *****

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by stud4life
[br]
Originally posted by ACG
[br]

the *****
I take it you 2 know each other....

The dikes in GF don't require an 04 M1 with a 162" track. If they do, you have way to much sled and money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
too much money true, i dont pay for being my dad is a doctor but to much sled oh hell no, once you ride something that doesnt ever bog out or get stuck ,no..........and we take about four weekly trips a season to wyoming. and yeah you are right for around here the 1M sucks to drive , to hard to manover etc and we dont get much snow so thats what the indy's for

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I'll tell you why I said wow. First off you obviously have no respect for the site. There are a ton of great minds here. Second you want to make your sled as loud as possible, that disgusts me, if people spent half as much time making their sleds fast rather than loud we'd have a bunch of fast sleds. Never was I saying that your sled was something to scoff at, n fact I would love to have a 500. But the way you type and act on the site is rude and disgusting in itself.

Oh, and by the way, I am poor, that doesn't make my sled any less fast or slow does it? Or is it the lack of stupid pointless decals that makes it slow? My point being if you want something fast spend your time researching ways to make your sleds faster instead of sitting here trying to make them louder. Many of the members here would tell you I've made the most out of a sled that was originally $380. I've rebuilt it, ran it 1000 miles without incident. After last season I put pipes on it, along with the clutching and the chip required to change the fuel map. My next project is to put extrovered drivers and a 1.25" ripsaw on it. So yes, it may not be a 2007, but it will run with any 600 I go out and race. In fact I'm confident I could beat most other 600 I race. Also, I have a project RXL engine sitting in the garage right now that I estimate will have 170-180 hp once I'm done. So yes, you can have daddy go out and buy a King Cat 162" which is beyond a normal persons capabilities or I can build up a drag motor from a 16 year old motor that can still beat up on new sleds! Oh ah, and your sled has a 19/40 gear ratio! That's your undoing.

Also, I'm glad to here you have the opportunity to go to Wyoming, it's a great opportunity many members here don't have such luxury to go there. But, I do however find your lack of respect for the sport disturbing. Spend your money on some nice pipes, with silencers. You'll find you save your ears and trails. Besides, you'll make more power with the silencer providing back pressure. See the silencer provides some resistance, this keep the gasses in the pipe for a longer amount of time and keeps the pipes hot. So, when the pipe is closer to operating temperature they produce beter results. Hence why many sleds have clamshells now. Keep the heat in/on the pipes and you'll bering dyno results closer to real world results. Get it.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I wish I had money...I work hard for all of mine, always had. I am up to my ears in debt just so I can have this job, have a decent vehicle to drive and have a sled for the mountains.

How long is your dad going to support you? It will be a real shock when he stops and you enter into the real world.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.