Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i am new to snowmobile fanatics. I have a 1999 mxz 440F with 1080 miles and i want....need more power. i was thinking about putting kn air filters on it, but then i read some of the forums on here abou them. is there any other way for me to get power? I dont want to spend a lot of money. any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
clutch it re gear it. if you dont mind taking off the top end gear lower you will have more power. but i agree ^^^ you should just save your money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i really dont ride that much due to not a lot of snow here so i guess its really not worth the money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i realized that. it was an awesome deal though. i bought 5 years ago with only 200 miles on it.....couldnt pass it up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya its pretty snappy. but i want more low and mid range. ive been doing a lot of thinking for the past how long. since its a fan when it gets warmer out you have a higher risk of blowing it up so what about ceramic pistons?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by MXZ440F
[br]ya its pretty snappy. but i want more low and mid range. ive been doing a lot of thinking for the past how long. since its a fan when it gets warmer out you have a higher risk of blowing it up so what about ceramic pistons?
Its not worth the price when you can just spend the time re-jetting according to temperatures.

Another idea would to drop a 550f engine in if you could find one or had the experiance. I am near positive the s2000 chassis used the same mounts for the two.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by LYSNE
[br]is it jetted good for the low end power
u can't jet for low end power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts