Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled did'nt have spark so I brought it to the dealer. When I got it back it idled fine but than when you give it gas it sounds like a yamaha rx1!!! The sled is a wannabe 4 stroke! what could the problem be...its a 2000 xc 600 sp with the powervalves for people who dont know. It almost seems like its getting to much fuel but there is no bog.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Can you give me any more info on the issue your having. When you say it sounds like an RX1, what do you mean. Is it boggy? or just a deeper sound?

Does the sled have any power when you give it gas or does it just want to die out?

Has the sled ever ran since you've had it?

Have you made any other changes to the sled since it last ran good?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it has a lack of power...ive done nothing to it since ive got it back and it sounds deeper and sounds like a car hitting a rev limiter

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Change the plugs and verify it is running on both cylinders. If not you need to figure that out...is it an engine issue or fuel/spark issue? Next check both clutches to make sure they are working properly as in opening/closing and moving nice and free.

I just re-read the O P and see the dealer did something as far as spark....what did they do? It sounds like it isn't firing correctly. Make sure you have spark to both cyl's and get back to us.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Perhaps you have a sticking exhaust valve or a pinhole in the bellows of the exhaust valve. Both could make the sled a little boggy and make it sound kind of weird.
As far as XCs, Ive got almost 8,000 miles on mine with very few problems and I know a lot of people who have had the same experience. XCs are very solid sleds.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Octane said:
Perhaps you have a sticking exhaust valve or a pinhole in the bellows of the exhaust valve. Both could make the sled a little boggy and make it sound kind of weird.
As far as XCs, Ive got almost 8,000 miles on mine with very few problems and I know a lot of people who have had the same experience. XCs are very solid sleds.
I was told it could be sticky exhaust valves and there probly do for a cleaning since the sled has 9,000+ miles and havn't been cleaned in 4000 miles.

·
Registered
591 Posts
did you check the plugs and exhaust valves yet? that will only take you a whopping 45 minutes to clean the valves and slap a couple plugs in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts