Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
my old 88 indy 400 classic had somewhere around 8000, the motor ran great and the only mechanical prob it had was after the chaincase ran dry and exploded(previous owner)

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts

1992 Polaris XCR 440.

Grease & oil, all that thing took, at 12000 miles they rebuilt the engine.

Guy riding it hit a deer once, and they had to sew up the hood, but I don't think that should count.

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
I knew a comment like that was on it's way, but the question was asked and I answered.

The compression was extremely low and it had no power when it got rebuilt. But if you don't wanna believe me, that's your problem.

G

·
Oh no I do believe you I am just sayin that a lot of times people have to out-do the last one haha. I am willing to bet there are some old timers with no gauges that have a few miles on em too. Any guesses as to the next highest mileage?

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
I've never heard of any higher than that XCR. Second highest I've seen is very close to 10000 on a 1995 Indy 440, it was like 9800 or something. I remember when that one blew, it was like 45 degrees out and we were rippin around a corner, suddenly she just slow way down. Max RPM @ WOT was like 5600. and it made this very interesting sound.

those are the only high mile machines I know of without major repair. Everything else I've heard of has gone poof around 6000 miles. +/- 1000 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1991 Yamaha Phazer II 17 569 km's right now. Sitting in the garage waiting for the next trip. Nothing-has been done to it. Just oil, gas, carbides, and rail sliders.

Mark,

·
Registered
226 Posts
My sled has about 5500 miles on it and still runs great! I have to keep an eye on the oil level, but other than that, no problems. I think it's just a case of a consistant maintainence plan during the season and when you put 'em to sleep after the season ends. (notice no sled type used here! Pretty cool, eh? lol)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hehe, My sled has 5400 miles.. and I've put 3 motors in it.. and it wasn't the original motor when I bought it.. does that count for anything..?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a friend who has just under 11000 on a 93 trail. Nothing really done to it and still going strong.

·
Registered
506 Posts
my mountain SRX has 19 200kms

or it did until the speedo went, I dunno anymore : ( but she's gone grass now anyways. nothing major went on her, but I can almost gaurantee something will soon, given the way I beat her up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts