Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Mother Nature is a dirty ...

2K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  chapzr 
#1 ·
What the heck is wrong with this picture... it's the end of November and it has been in the upper 50s & 60s. It has snowed twice but not stuck around long enough to be useful. And tonight... it's raining. Rain, thunder, lightning... it's a regular thunder storm out there right now.

This season has official turned from promising (early October snow) to a complete suckfest! [:(!] [xx(] [V] [:(] [B)]

#4 ·
Just wait till tuesday night. It will be a complete turn around.

In Wi the saying is....If you don't like the weather wait a little bit it will change....

#5 ·
Wow, I feel real bad. We got over a foot Thursday, and it has been sowing on & off since. Have well over 2 ft on the ground now. Snowing now, and the weather report says 2 ft by tomorrow. I don't usually believe the weather reports, but they seem to be on target this time. I hope it gets to you guys that don't have it yet.

#6 ·
I feel your pain. We could've had a BBQ outside for Thanksgiving. Today was another one of the warm days. But atleast the Weather Channel says Thursday - Sunday highs in the 20s with snow showers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the ground still has to freeze due to all the warm weather[:(]

I hate waiting!

#7 ·
Originally posted by SKSPolarisIndy
[br]I feel your pain. We could've had a BBQ outside for Thanksgiving. Today was another one of the warm days. But atleast the Weather Channel says Thursday - Sunday highs in the 20s with snow showers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the ground still has to freeze due to all the warm weather[:(]

I hate waiting!
If we get this snow storm it will stick because the ground here has already frozen.

#8 ·
Yes mother nature has a sick sense of humor.

Mid-october, we were still putting silage in the bag and it snowed about an inch or so. First time i can recall ever chopping corn in snow.

And now. No snow and it just started getting cold. WTF!??!?!?

#14 ·
It's kind of awkward. Just 2-3 weeks ago we were snowmobiling and slamming big drifts. Now its 6...feels like -7....yet no snow but like my bro said "We are suppose to start getting 8.in plus and blowing snow tommorow". I dont think I'm going to get my hopes up just because what it has been like lately.

Heres what it was like 2-3 weeks ago [V] What Happen

[attachment=49929]
[attachment=49930]

Attachments

#15 ·
we've all got the same forecast a system from west to east were sopposed to get 8-12 inches if codl if not cold we get rain tommorrow through thursday. then it moves north or south a little ways becasue of lake superior then hits everyone east.

#19 ·
This season is crap so far. I was 'hoping' to ride over Thanksgiving...it was a long shot, but it could happen. Of course, it didn't. I guess I should just shut up and hope for snow over Christmas.

They were talking snow this next weekend back home. Figures. I leave, and it may snow. If it does snow, it'll all melt before I will be able to go ride. [:(!]

#22 ·
Originally posted by fredly00
[br]Yeah I can live with this forecast... looks like it'll clear up in time for the weekend.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Wolf+Creek+Pass&state=CO&site=PUB
Yep they said yesterday 10-20" for tomarrow nite into the next day, which works for me! I shouldnt complain though, we rode Corona Pass in October with 2 and a half FT on the ground.

#24 ·
going to be doing field work today. no frost in the ground yet. no rain or snow. I am sure glad I didnt buy a new sled. like some of the other people named 95xcr600

#25 ·
Well aren't you just a comoodian. Udderly hilarious! [:D]

Somehow I just knew that buying a newer sled would be my undoing. What makes it worse is the guy that was with me on the forum ride last season also bought a new(er) sled for this season. Our wives are telling up over and over again that it is our own fault there isn't any snow. Myself, I just blame him... he didn't need a new sled... I didn't have one, so I had to buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.