Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 2000 xc sp 500 that i am going to drop an 800 motor into! is there and problems i may have with the bigger motor being in a smaller lighter frame? is there anything i will need to do to the sled? if you can tell me anything else about this topic feel free to inform me

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
All i think of is motor mounts, and the clutch lining up, and there being enough room under the hood

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clutch lining up is what im most worried about??? i dont feel like going through belts like a crazy man! do i run the 800 belt or the 500? and there should be enough room idk why there wouldnt be? unless some one here knows there wont be room

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Probably is enough room.
What clutch you are going to use, use that belt. SO you should use the 800 clutch , and belt.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
gen2 chassis is a gen2 chassis....same chassis they put xc6/7 big blocks and xcr800s in.

liberty 500 is a a small block and they normally had a different steering rack system than the bb motors, Your gonna need the 800 exhaust,electrics, and also prob. the 800 plate or straps too.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm not thinking your going to have many problems. The chassis is the same as already said. The clutch shouldn't be too bad but yes you're going to have to do a few measurments to get it to spec and you should use the 800 clutch and belt.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you need 800 motor/carbs/electronics/motor straps/pipe/primary clutch/gearing/belt.

you also need all the components for an 800 for your secondary.

And you need to re-align your clutches (buy the tool).

What motor you using? 800v.e.s out of an edge chassis? or an 800 BB out of a 2001 xc800?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
^ or did you go for the big dog and get the xcr800 motor????????????

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the motor is out of an 03 xc edge. so far im planning on basically taking evrything under my hood and swapping it! the motor, pipes, clutching, gears, steering column ( if needed), electronics.. so im just basically wondering if any one knows if im gunna run into a major problem while doing this and end up with it not fitting? or mounting correctly

also because of the extra weight i might cut up some old front susp. coils and weld them up to the ones on there for a little extra suspension.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
motorheaderr said:
the motor is out of an 03 xc edge. so far im planning on basically taking evrything under my hood and swapping it! the motor, pipes, clutching, gears, steering column ( if needed), electronics.. so im just basically wondering if any one knows if im gunna run into a major problem while doing this and end up with it not fitting? or mounting correctly

also because of the extra weight i might cut up some old front susp. coils and weld them up to the ones on there for a little extra suspension.
You shouldn't need to do that last part. And the edge motor mounts won work in a Gen II, I think....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know but that will be a tad tricky when i have to line up the clutches just correctly! im hoping that everything goes as planned

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The mounts and clutch lining up will probably be your biggest problem as long as you know where all your wiring and everything else is supposed to be.

·
Registered
232 Posts
^ i agree if u can get ur clutch lined up just right and get to mount correctly u should be in good shape! i also agree with wakeboy that if it doesnt line up correctly then try to tinker a bit with the mounts to get to fit

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
a measuring tape is your friend, as well as a DEAD STRAIGHT pole, or something see if the clutches line up. The 2003 BB 800v.e.s are a big motor, So im not sure if the motor will fit 100% great. You will need to get a custom-made pipe.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a custom pipe?? why would i need that shouldnt there be enough room under the hood for that?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if they did not much.. i am pretty sure that it will fit if it doesnt i can do some custom fabricating on it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts