Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother wants to put a 700 xcr ves polaris motor in his ski-doo zx chassis it is a 2000 mxz zx chassis is this possible??? or would he be better off trying to put a 800 mxz twin in there instead thanx for any info. i told him i dont even know anything about the 700 ves motor i dont know anybody thats hade one. i told him i would ask some of u guys [:)]he said the guy wants like 1500.00 for the motor its fresh and has been ported mildly with tripple pipes it this a good price

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i think he would be more happy with the whole 700 sled then with trying to mod his mxzx chassis it would probably be cheaper to buy the whole sled too

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how does that edge chassis work compared to the ski-doo zx chassis. i always wondered that. i never rode a polaris edge before and what yr did they come out with the edge.[8D]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would say that the ZX chassis and the EDGE chassis are are equal style chassis, that is for the chassis only. The EDGE chassis also came with new suspensions on both ends whereas the ZX chassis had the SC10-II rear suspension until 2001 model year and in 2002 they upgraded to the SC10-III rear suspension.

The EDGE chassis was first used in 99 as the XCR 440 SP EDGE race sled then in 2000 they had it as the XC 440 SP race sled and a mid season release XC 600 SP EDGE. They were in full production as consumer sleds for the 2001 model year. In 2002 they started making the EDGE RMK chassis sleds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts