Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently transplanted 98 700 rmk motor into a custom lightweight chassis. I used all electrical, carbs, clutches etc from 98.
Now the motor idles good and sounds good but will not rev beyond 5500 rpm's. I have checked carbs, clutches they appear to be ok. Any thoughts recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Is this in motion? Have you checked out clutch alignment?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the clutches even rebuilt the secondary (driven). If the track is in the air the clutches appear to be operating properly. I have also ran a compression test 110 in both sides. Track spins free by hand. The only mod done to the setup is twin pipes which I have jetted for and the dealer said my clutch setup should be good for the pipes.

· Registered
196 Posts
jeremy.owens said:
I've checked the clutches even rebuilt the secondary (driven). If the track is in the air the clutches appear to be operating properly. I have also ran a compression test 110 in both sides. Track spins free by hand. The only mod done to the setup is twin pipes which I have jetted for and the dealer said my clutch setup should be good for the pipes.
At 110 lbs. compression, the engine is wore out. You're lucky to be getting 5500 rpms. Hone the cylinders,if no deep marks in cylinder walls. Replace the pistons and rings.If you never bought the transplanted engine new, make sure you check the old piston size. STD, 0.10, 0.20 etc. This takes approximately 12 hrs. Two hrs to rebuild the engine, ten hrs to drink beer whle doing so...lol....Have fun out there

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Speedfreak1 said:
jeremy.owens said:
At 110 lbs. compression, the engine is wore out. You're lucky to be getting 5500 rpms. Hone the cylinders,if no deep marks in cylinder walls. Replace the pistons and rings.If you never bought the transplanted engine new, make sure you check the old piston size. STD, 0.10, 0.20 etc. This takes approximately 12 hrs. [highlight=yellow]Two hrs to rebuild the engine, ten hrs to drink beer whle doing so...lol....Have fun out there[/highlight=yellow]
Sounds like the right ratio. Hahahahah[:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.