Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the new MotorFist sled gear(Bibs/Jacket)yet? I was just wondering if they are durable, warm, and if they match up with Klim gear. They are about the same price if not more expensive then Klim so I don't really want to buy a pair if they are no good.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I ordered a full gear setup from them this year,I wont have a good report until it snows. From what I heave read on other sites it is just as good if not better then klim,has a better warrenty to.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
The guy who started klim sold it off and started motorfist to my knowledge. I ordered last years gear about a week ago. Got a hell of a deal too.

·
Registered
918 Posts
They had a setup at Haydays comparing the breathability(sp) of there fabric and Gore-tex where you squeezed in air with a ball and the Motorfist fabric bubbled through war sooner than the Gore-tex.

IDK about the reliability of this but it was pretty amazing. You could hardly get enough pressure to get bubbles through the Gore-tex

·
Registered
1 Posts
will_5 said:
Interesting. Well I won't buy a set until I hear good reviews on the brand.
New member here. I just noticed this thread and as a Klim employee I thought I could shed some light on the subject. So I am biased mind you.

The following statement is not true though I can see where the confusion comes from being that the two companies are based from the same general geographical area. "The guy who started klim sold it off and started motorfist to my knowledge."

Klim is still owned by the original owner. Motofist is owned by a man who did some business with Klim's owner in the very beginning. That is the start and end of the relationship between the two companies.

The "bubble demonstrator" (for a lack of a better name) that is being touted by as a breath-ability demonstrator by Motofist and other event users in the Ski community is demonstrating that Event does not stop wind. A Gore membrane stops wind and water while passing water vapor very effectively.

Come visit the Klim booth at Puyallup, Boise, SLC, Novi etc and I will personally demonstrate Gore's superiority on all accounts. Gore-Tex is also far more durable.

I don't mean to be negative about another product but I did want to share some facts. Time will bear it all out. If you have any questions hit me with them here or [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts