Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my old Motoski Spirit has been immoble lately due to severe rear suspension/tunnel destruction, but its up and runnin again and I am PUMPED! thought some of you would get a kick out of it so here are some pics! (please note this sled was nearly mint when I got it about 5 years ago!)

[attachment=52363]

[attachment=52364]
^^ that is what happens when you ghost-ride a Motoski off a 20 foot drop and it lands on its nose, note the red circled area, that tie rod was pushed so far back it was actually binding up the secondary clutch... and you think it looks bad now, you should have seen it before we fixed it!

[attachment=52367]
^^ cheap but effective bar rise [:D]

[attachment=52369]
^^ the tunnel reinforcements that had to be put on to re-mount what was left of the rear suspension, the tunnel was cracked in 6 places, and bent and tweaked beyond imagination. The rear axle assembly was literally ripped out of the sled, which was what put it out of commission in the first place.

[attachment=52371]
^^ ONE LUGGER POWER!

[attachment=52372]

[attachment=52374]
^^ a few recent pics of the good sled

[attachment=52375]
^^ the only quality part on the whole sled [;)] an indy 400 tank courtesy of SKSPolarisIndy.

As you can see, us Yoopers really know how to beat on a machine! but now matter what we did to that poor old thing it just kept runnin! Keeping it pinned on 60 degree days for hours on end, sand pit riding (in the summer [;)]), pavement riding, huge drops and jumps, it didnt matter, that thing just kept on thumpin! Then today, we had it at school workin on it in the auto shop, and it hasnt been started in over a year, it sat over last winter with no cover, no cowl, and no spark plug in the cylinder [:I] and it still started on the second pull! I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
omfg that is deadly i couldnt stop laughing at it
i wish i had a sled i could do that to

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
dude that motoski is freakign mint. lmao!!! that thing is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I could never do that to a mint sled. I put to much time and money into the things I have to destroy them beyond repair. Its one thing to beat on somethign that is already pretty crappy but a mint motoski? come on man where's your decency?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
notice I said "nearly mint" I mostly meant appearane-wise. Ya I do regret getting it that badly beat, it was my daily riden sled up untill the past two winters, then I started getting other nicer sleds and the motoski just got neglected and beat worse and worse every year untill last winter we kind of finished it off (so we thought). then I brought it into auto-shop just for something to do and its movin again!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That things been rolled to many times to count, thats why it dont have a cowl, it is desroyed! It started to become kind of like a personal challenge for me and my buddies to try and "kill the motoski" but it just wont die, its like the energizer bunny.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I wish growing up I had a sled that dependable. All my old Ski-doos, scorpins, cheetahs, amf's, etc... required more work then play.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I heard they plowed alot though, so any seep snow you'd better hope you had some good lugs. I plan on doing that to my cousins old yamaha after I put it togther. I want to film jumping a road on it or something, and of course water skipping.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That one is way differnt than my friends. His motoski died, it still had the cowling too!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Originally posted by pigboy
[br]I wish growing up I had a sled that dependable. All my old Ski-doos, scorpins, cheetahs, amf's, etc... required more work then play.
Yours too eh? As a kid I dreamed that someday I would own a sled like I have today. Now that I have it (20 some years later), there is no snow. Its been a vicious, vicious cycle.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to ride old cats too, I had 2 old panteras, one had a really old Polaris Colt 440 motor in it, then I had a cheetah 400 which was very nice, but I ended up rippin like 5 cleats out of the track. But all the cats had problems, I had to do a mikuni carb conversion on the cheetah becasue I just couldnt get the stock one to work. The motoski is the only old sled that I have ever owned that has not been a major headache to keep runnin.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
[br]I wish growing up I had a sled that dependable. All my old Ski-doos, scorpins, cheetahs, amf's, etc... required more work then play.
Did you have a regular AMF or an AMF Harley?
I had a 73 Harley, and basically it was good for backyard rides. Almost every time I took it on the trail, it would quit running for no reason.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]
Did you have a regular AMF or an AMF Harley?
I had a 73 Harley, and basically it was good for backyard rides. Almost every time I took it on the trail, it would quit running for no reason.
My brother and I had two AMF Ski-daddlers of late 60's vintage. Blaze orange hoods. One was a two cylinder 440 and the other was a one lunger. Both were about as reliable as the wheather man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts