Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mountain cat 1000 its a 02 has anyone ever seen one or own one. Goin sleddin at duboise wy next weekend any good places to visit while out there. stayin at the lineshack just wonderin where to tour.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I don't think they make a 2002 M-1000.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Maybe hes talking about a thundercat MTN cat?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Are you sure it isn't a 2001. I didn't think they made a 2002 1000cc, but I might be wrong.[;)] My dads got a 2001 mountain cat 1000. couple pics.......

[attachment=52205]

[attachment=54139]

[attachment=54138]

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a mountain cat 1000 02 with a 151 track. it looks almost the same as my buddies 02 mountain cat le. ref the picture by my member name

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2001 Mountain Cat 1000(Thundercat). If you look on the Alpha-Sports parts website they have a listing for a 2002 Mountain Cat 1000. Seems like the only diffence between '01 and '02 is a 151 inch track instead of a 144 inch track.
I just swapped the 144 inch track for a 162 and it feels like a totally new sled. I can keep up to my friend's M1000 now.Only engine mods I have is V-Force 3 reeds and MBRP exhaust can.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sounds like a bad ass sled have fun with it!!!! One time i rented some polaris's out in the montains one broke down the other couldnt pull it out!!! Thank God a thundercat 144 came to the rescue!! It was starting to get dark and was my first time there with my girlfriend at the time. And she wasnt a big help!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dad just bought a 2000 mountain cat 1000 and that is such a nice sled and it is in mint shape. It came outta Arizona

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]Sounds like a bad ass sled have fun with it!!!! One time i rented some polaris's out in the montains one broke down the other couldnt pull it out!!! Thank God a thundercat 144 came to the rescue!! It was starting to get dark and was my first time there with my girlfriend at the time. And she wasnt a big help!
We all break down sooner or later. A true testament to the people of this passtime is that a sledder will always help out another sledder. I recently broke a chain while ridding down a pipeline. A phone call got a chain and new gears hot shotted out, while my buddies rode out 5 miles to a road to get the new chain and gears. Within 45 minutes I was back in action.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Funny about the gears,^ I rode with a T-cat last weekend, he had the S.O.B. apart in the trailer before I even got my helmet out of the bag, Replacing the chain, switching sprockets, etc, etc. Finally at 9:30, we got rollin, and the thing will move on the trail, but got up high, and spent most of the day getting him unstuck.. then his new chain popped off the sprockets, and had to split the case on the side of a pretty steep mountain, and fix a tension spring and put back together......again. Sheesh, cats. Na, we had a cat 1m with us, that thing rocks!! It would actually hang with my summit 800.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts