Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 mountain max 600 i have the clutching set the way my local dealer told me to set it for 7500 feet cus thats the elevation i will be riding it at I live at 1100 feet it is tacing about 4 grand when it kicks in this just seams way to low to me for 7500 i just wanna know if it should tac higher than that or if that is fine cus i just don't want it to fall on its face when i pin it open

·
Registered
841 Posts
4000 is perfect for that motor. 7800 rpm should be your max shift out rpm.
Elevation has nothing to do with the engagement. Does not matter if you are at 1100 or 7500.
However the spring weight combo is what is going to give you the proper rpm when you are up there. If you do have it clutched for 7500ft, it will probably over rev a bit at your lower home elevation.
Can you take it for a rip at home and see what the revs do?
Is the motor stock?
What did you put in for weights, springs, etc.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything in the clutching and motor is stock i just knocked out both of the rivets on each weight cus thats all the dealer said to do with the clutching it runs at about 8000-8200 full throttle around my house thanks for your help

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'd suggest either asking your dealer for a photocopy of the clutch settings for different altitudes or getting a factory service manual which will have them in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts