Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 700 rmk I have rolled the suspension back and put a 156 underneath it changed it down to a 18-39 gear ratio, and put a mountain helix in the secondary. But I have yet to find the right clutching setup that im happy with I have heard a lot of talk about the new team secondary's. Kinda of thinking that would help turn that track faster. If anybody has any answers for me feel free to email me or just simply write back

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the team clutch might help you on a mountain sled, it is designed for backshift and that is what you need. tri city polaris will have all the answers and some good set ups for you, that is what they do, mountain sleds.
the sled worked great stock, you changed helix hoping for better something and now you gained whatever you wanted but lost something in return, like with the helix you might have gained a quicker upshift but now in the docks you might notice some bog. i would tighten the secondary spring up one hole on the helix. try that, that will make a big improvment on backshift.

for a mountain sled you are going for quick upshifts and backshifts, not mph, going with less weight in the primary or stock weight and more helix and secondary spring might be a way to go.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You will need to change the weights, you have changed the gearing and track, a helix won't make up for these you will need to dial in the rpm's buy adjusting the amount of weight you are throwing at the primary along with the proper spring. IMO you should work on your primary before spending more $ on the secondary. My $.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lot of people have told me, To change springs and weights. But if I put on a team secondary will there be a whole differant line of weights and springs to run with that clutch? Or should I get my comet clutch dialed in then put the Team secondary on. If I do end up changing weights is notched or regular weights better for hillclimbing does anybody know?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have to agree with 2000TCMC on this one. Adjust the primary to get the RPM's right, then mess with the secondary to get the backshift right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the good input, about the clutching. But I was also wandering what people were thinking, about the differance in stock and aftermarket lightweight trailing arms. I have heard everything, that they make a world of differance because it lightens up the front end so much. But I have also heard there not worth the money because more then likely they will just break the first time you hit a solid object. I have seen the new fabcraft three piece trailing arms, but you have to have a pretty deep wallet to justify affording them. Someone please give me some info if you have experienced them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
While I don't have trailing arms, alot of my buddies do and they have all damaged them at one time or another. Sure would suck to bend an expensive one. I guess it comes down to what the weight loss is worth to you and whether or not you can afford to fix it when you damage it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts