Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 pro-x 700. i just put fly bars and grips on it and am looking to put powermadd handgaurds on it. i was wondering if anyone else had put handgaurds on their sled with fly bars or any aftermarket bars and how they fit theirs. i got the bars and the throttle and brake hooked up but i have no room for the handgaurd mounts. i am guessing i will have to fabricate something which is no big deal, but just looking for an easier way. let me know thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Mine was a tight fit, but I got 'em on there. Some bending here and there was required. Don't be affraid to modify if need be. These are Sporttech handguards though.

[attachment=38054]
[attachment=48546]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
with my powermadd handguards it was a very tight fit especially on the brake side. I had to do some work with the dremal tool on my brake to make it fit how i wanted.
[attachment=48551]

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where your having clearance issues, but here are some close up pics of my risers
[attachment=48565]
[attachment=48564]
[attachment=48563]
[attachment=48566]
[attachment=48567]

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just got some powermad hand gaurds through the company ROX, they just use powermad's handgaurds but they make the mount kit theirself and put their sticker on it, i mounted them on renthal twin wall MX bars, worked fine, VERY universal being you can mount them from above or below, and they look really badass with the solid aluminum , and i dont believe they are polished but when you see them in person they sure do look pretty shiny. heres the site shiping is fast............http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=279

·
Registered
492 Posts
I put a set on my edge mod, and the biggest problem i had was the hand warmer wires... had to grind out a grove for the wires to got through. also if you have your throttle block tipped down then you will maybe have to bend that mount so you can still operate your throt. lever. make sure you use a vise grip to help get the holes to line up, that can be a B!TCH. other than that if you are going to do any bending make sure you go slow and use some heat. propane torch should be enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.