Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure some of you are from those areas and know of good places to go sleddin at, me and my dad are goin this winter, ahvent decided where yet, kinda lookin for deals so he can rent a sled and have a nice room to stay in and stuff. any help is apreciated

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Go to west yellowstone plenty of deals to be found there and lotsa trails. Not in the park but around there.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wouldnt mind riding through the park.....maybe half the day, but gotta ALWAYS be on the trails,k i will stick to trails mostly, but i wanna go and try some mountain stuff u know? find a place where there be lots of other sledders messin around and dowhat they are doin

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Try Island Park, Cooke City, Fairview, all very close to the park and big snowmobile towns. From what I hear they have lots of great accomodations and places to rent sleds. I used to live in Eastern Washington, still have a few buddies there that could possibly find out info for you if you want!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, we have seriously considerd Island Park, Cooke City too, actually ahve drove through Cook City in the summer, i wanna go over Beartooth Pass on a sled......like 10,000 ft pass.....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
10 grand huh? Damn that's up there, don't discount Eastern Washington, North Idaho, or NW Montana either....... There's a couple hundred miles of towns off I-90 that are snowmobile friendly and easily get 3 to 400 hundred inches of snow a year. Lots of great riding in that area too..

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know where you live at, but if you're coming from the east, check out Burgess Junction Wyoming. Just west of Sheridan. Awesome riding, lots of trails, unlimited back country stuff, less avalanches than alot of places. If you want lots of riding and less people, it's a great place. Kinda unknown, but several factory guys ride there.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if anyone lives in or close to West Yellowstone? We have a trip planned for out there over christmas vacation. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have good snow yet? Its weird sitting at home in southern Minnesota when its 50 degrees and sunny and thinking about riding out west. gotta love it. :)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i live in northern ND...and plan on goin on a 4-5 day trip, and i wants at least 3 good days of sleddin in

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
My uncles have been to West Yellowstone many times and they say there are a lot of trails and stuff out of the park too.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
here is a snow report from island park idaho. It's right across the line from west./snofan/../images/users/razorsharp/5s_depth.gif

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
11 Posts
A great place to go is West Yellowstone. We go down there atleast twice a month. It is ok when you go in the park but you go out to lions head and off to Island Park and you will more than get your fill of mountain riding. When you do rent get a long track mountain sled it will make life alot easier. Remember this is new stuff for you even though it is still riding a sled. Plus the rates around West are great for the area and you don't have to haul from your motel just ride.

Thanks Scott

93 XLT chassis/
97 Rotax 800
Great Falls MT

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll be bring my sled up there neway......

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yelloow stone isnt all that great. You have to stay on the trail follow the speed limit of i think 20 or 30. And pay a lot for a trail ride. The place to go is dubois,Wy. Up throgh union pass a scenic place with tons of medows to powder, good trails,and good hill climbs to. There are alot of resorts on the top of the mountain and one in town. One rsort belongs to a friend who also has a shop in the back.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya, it would be alright to ride through yellowstone for awhile to see the stuff, but the pathetic speed limits and gobs of ppl.....prolly ride through some of it at at least, but i want to find a place near yellowstone and a good place to go besides that......or just not near yellow stone at all...lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have probably been to yellowstone 40 times but only been in the park once. There is some great riding outside of the park. Go to lions head and go up the bottom of the creek, or go out towards the Big Sky trail system and there are some huge play areas and monster hills.

Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's a great area in general. Stay out of the park - it's slow riding and the trails get hammered! There's plenty of country for everyone there. Cruise over from west to Island Park or head north on the trails. You can ride all the way to Bozeman on the trail system! It's great and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it will be awsome no matter where i go, since it doesnt appear like i will ahve ne snow by the time we leave, we are planning between decdmber13 and xmas, a few days in that time period, my cousins are tryin to find snow right now so we'll see hwo it gos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts