Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home, it's about a quarter to midnight and we just got through getting a buddy of mine out of a pretty crazy mud/water hole. I screwed up on the pics though cuz I didn't have the camera on the outdoor setting but you can still see a good deal of the choas!! /snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image005.jpg
Who says it doesn't pay off to be a heavy equipment operator!!/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image013.jpg

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Haha that would have been my yesterday :). I wanted to hit the local mud hole yesterday after my truck got inspected last week, but my buddy who I wanted to go with was out of town for the day :(. I wanted to go with him cause I know he can pull me out if i get stuck :), got to love an actually powerful ford 351 and set of 35" mudders.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what he was thinking, he said that there was a hole similar to that one down the road that he made it through in 2 wheel drive so I guess he thought what the hell. The funny thing is when we go muddin he's usaually the most cautious one, you know never wanting to go through anything crazy and now this!! The killer was when I showed up he's like hey check this out, opens the passenger side door a damn waterfall poured out! Oh and SD I know what you mean, but the shitty thing about that is what happens when the recovory rig gets stuck? That SUCKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah at that point it would have been time to go get my buddy with the 2001 Ford F250 SuperDuty Diesel and 4" of lift with 33"s :).

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know a guy who's got a 99' F250 Diesel with one or two inch block in the back and a 6" lift in the front - he runs 40x14.5 ground hawgs... oh and a propane kit, the truck is bad that's usaully who we call if shit hits the fan. Then if all else fails we have to go to the shop and take a loader or grader.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah believe me when those things get stuck you need some heavy equipment. My buddies got ticketed for a creek crossing when that super duty got stuck and like 2 or 3 trucks hooked up trying to pull him out.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn! Yeah this guy is pretty carefull when he goes out, the ford is his recovery rig and he's got a chevy that he muds. Anyway he walks all trails and checks all hole's out before he commits, I know I would if I had $35 grand on the line!!!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
if i had my scanner hooked up, i would scan some pics of when my combine was stuck...had a backhoe dig us out.....couple 4wd tractors and stuff......good ol time......

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's when you need a D9 high track with some 1" wire rope and a case of beer for the guy who pulled you out!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
thas what they guy w/ the backhoe wanted.....case of beer
lol

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
lol......whatever works i guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts