Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a motocrosser I need to keep myself occupied in the winter. Right now I've got a 91 polaris 500 and it just doesn't make the cut in the suspension department (I can't bust out the big air
). I cannot afford a brand new, or next to brand new sled, but would be looking for an affordable yet reliable used snocross-able sled; 99-01 maybe? I've got little clue as to what model and brand would be up to the hell it'll go through (yeah I know I'll be fixing it a lot, but that's ok) Any suggestions?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

·
Registered
506 Posts
I know that '98 was the year yamaha got REAL suspension, I know that the '98 doos have pretty good suspension to, for beatin the crap out of, I would recommend a phazer, or mxz 440

I know that the little mxz 440 fans fly like a dream, they're GORGEOUS off the jumps, and I"m a yamaha boy.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well if your used to the jumps, and the speed, you would probably want a 440 but liquid. It has a little more ummmph.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm shooting for a 440 probably, and definetly liquid. I'm interested in a little more info about each brands racing sled, kinda like a shootout...I know next to nothing about the doo's and yamis, and little about the AC's and pro-x's

hehe, jumps and SPEED are goooooood, and fun

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Plain and simple Yammi hasn't had a 440 liquid in the past prolly over 10 years. No longer then that I believe. So if you really want a 440 liquid look else where. As for the Yammis having the real suspension, yes they had a big time suspension change back in 98 but its still not a huge jumper race sled type. The Yamaha race single shock is better for that. Really for all out racing you need a race sled. All manufacturers make sleds capable of the racing but they take abuse in ways they aren't built for. Race sleds are built for that abuse. Try and find auctions or sales and see if you can locate say an 01 Sno Pro. That would be my choice for a race sled. www.blackmagicracing.com has a few 440 liquid sleds for sale. See what they have for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts