Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at two sleds one is a 98 mxz 583 with 3000 miles on it and the other is a 97 mxz 670 with 2500 on it i was wondering how fast these two are which one is better how do they compare in there own classes for straight line acceleration and stuff and if you can get pipes for both of them ? i cant seem to find any. this will be my first sled so i dont know much about them thanks.

JJC

·
Registered
837 Posts
get the 670, there are more parts for it that you can get i have a 583 and i have not found anygood things to add but i have fopund lots for the 670

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know the Mxz's very well, but the summit 580 has a horrible weight to power ratio, whereas the 670 is the same weight and has a lot more zip to it. Like matt said, there is also a lot more things you can do for the 670, they have some great clutch kits and things like that for them. Best of luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Deffinately the 670!!!! its easy upgradeable, very fast for stock, nice ride, pretty reliable.. go with the 670.. i have a 670HO and it rocks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I instead got a 94 mach z just because i got such a good deal on it and it has a completely rebuilt motor with new pistons and stuff. (bought it from my friend) it needs a track tho as the one on it is worn and not studded i was wondering how big of lug could i get and what studs if any to go along with it and i was wondering how fast is it going to be and what can i do to make it go faster. i know its an old heavy sled but its my first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts