Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new here but owned sleds for 15 years. I bought a 670 HO with 400 mi in 2001. When I would start it cold it would not want to rev past 3k. If it idled for ten minutes and I hoped on it and took off it would rev right up. But once I let off the throttle and went to hit it again it will do nothing untill it slows to 3K. Then I hear a pop as if the extra fuel I put in when I hit the gas with no response had just burnt off. Then I can accelerate again untill I get off the gas. This can go on for five minutes. It is mint otherwise. I can shut it off for an hour plus if we stop to eat and it will be fine when I go to start it. Really only happens if it sits over night.
I took it to the shop and told them the problem when I first got it. It went away for a little but I think that is because it wasn't that cold out. I have just dealt with it even since but I can't take it anymore. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on and what I can do? Thank you for any help you can offer

·
Registered
3 Posts
These sleds are known for doing this, the only thing you can do is let it warm right up to about half on the guage....install a guage if you haven't already, toss the idiot light. My sled would put me right over the handle bars, don't bother with plugs, wires and all the other suggestions just let it warm up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd say try cleaning the carbs...piolt jets may be plugged?

Burch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts