Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering to see if any basically has a MXZ 440X or knows anything helpful about them. I am currently riding a 99 MXZ 670HO, very fast sled, but i wanted to try the 440X because I heard it can keep up with most sleds until 90mph, is that true? How is the life on them, do they blow quickly? Was there a best year up until 2000? Any info would be great. Also myself and friends ride fast, very fast and extreme.. so it would be going all day long on the weekends through the trails of canada, maine and NH. thanx.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The little 440's can go like crazy until about 90 mph, but because of all the horsepower from such small engine sizes, they tend to blow a lot sooner. Also if you get in deep snow and conditons like that, more cc's are always a good thing. I've always ridden a 440 until now, and my next sled is a 600. The 440 was fun because it had lots of power and speed in the right conditions, but as soon as a trail became sugary or we got some powder snow, the guys with more cc's could always keep going like crazy and I'd be WOT (wide open throttle) and be going slow because the engine has to wind out to produce the power to go in those conditions. The 440 is also a lot lighter than the bigger engines, but if you go really fast all the time, I"d go with something with more cc's.

Nowadays it seems the 440's are for the track only.

Welcome to the forum!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
440s are fun in the powder I think but only in patches if the trail is covered like Polaris man was talking about its no fun.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree with P-Man.
My 440 can keep up with quite a few 700's, and they are super fun on the trail. But in the deep powder, WOT tends to be used the majority of the time from my experience. They have their drawbacks. I plan to buy a 700 next...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ya these guys got it right. my buddy has a 98 xcr 440 and i use to have a riding partner that had the mxzx 440. in the tight trails and ditches nothing could touch them two. even on the lakes they out ran stock xlt's right to top end.
it depends on how or where you ride. the 670 was a nice little sled that was a good trail power and did ok on the lakes. nice and versitile. them rotax were some tough engines for stock power and abuse.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts