Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm just wondering what you people get for top end out of these things. My will do 108-110 on the speedo, and is it just me or is that a little slow for the 800 twin? I realise the speedo is off, but complared to other mxz's it's prolly about the same. So what do you guys get?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've seen 115 with 600 XC (speedo), of course a number of things come into play to reach the peak speed of your sled. Where you jetted correctly for your conditions? How about clutching and gearing? With the same jets in my sled as the day I hit 115, I couldn't get in past 105 when the temps warmed up 10 degrees. All I'm saying is don't be disappointed, try playing around with your sled and dial it in.......i'm sure you can get more out of it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
sounds about right for a stock 800 twin to me man. it's not a lake racer, it's a ditchbanger.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ya thats right. 135 hp will get you to 100mph but it takes a lot of power for a little gain after that. junior said it right. there trail ditch sleds not lake sleds.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
He will still run about 115 MPH on a good cold day, it will just take it a bit longer to get there that a tripple 800. My buddies 700 MXZ twin goes about 110 MPH, it just takes him longer to get there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts