Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think a Doo 380 a perfect beginner sled. My younger sister had one at about 11 or 12 years of age, the sled isn't a speed demon, but will still do 50-60. I would look to finding one with electric start, I don't believe you could get e/s in the mxz, but in the other Doo 380s such as the touring e, formula s, etc. The e/s is much easier for the younger kids.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Any fanner is going to be a great starting sled, especially for kids. My dad's rule for me was: If you can't pull start it, you can't drive it. If it's just around the yard then I can understand that. But they shouldn't have any problem with a 380f.

Depending on your kids, a 550 fan may take them a little longer to outgrow, not that there is much difference. But if they are going to be trail riding the 550s will be a little more enjoyable and just as easy to learn on.

·
Registered
695 Posts
they are great beginner sleds, as a matter a fact that what i learned on. as for the pull on them it's pretty easy, I could do it and i only weighed about 90 to 100 pounds. if you could get the guy down a little on the price it would definitely be worth it. It would make the best Christmas present for a kid ever, plus a great way to get another person in to the sport.

·
Registered
567 Posts
id offer round 1200 and it looks clean it be an awesome kids starter sled

·
Registered
5 Posts
they are great sleds my 99 formula deluxe 380f will do 70mph-75mph on really good going but it takes a while to get there and the are a good trail sled they are really easy to control and is very smooth riding we drive 45mph-55mph and i dont have to hold her wide open at all and they are really reliable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts