Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys or gals think of the MXZ REV sleds? I'm considering selling the sled I have now so I can get one of those. I saw it up close and everything today at the dealer. Around here the trails I would think are just right for the REV. Any of your opinions on that machine would help.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
everything I have seen seems nice except that you can't kick back and relax. Those things need like pegs like on Harleys to kick your legs out and relax. On a sled that would be bad cause you could clip a tree and break a leg but yeah you know what i mean.

·
Registered
129 Posts
to be honest with yu...i think the technology is there...but the cosmetics need improvement....uglyist thing i have ever seen.....

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
If you ride a dirt bike, go for it. For someone who actually likes the way a real snowmobile feels, go for something else. The REV is every motocross racer's dream because it feels like a bike on snow. Not for me...

I'm with magnaman, it's up there with the ugliest things I've ever seen.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know most ppl say it's ugly, but I've been lookin at magazines and everything with them in there. I've also been to dealers many times and saw them. I'm use to the looks now. So far it sounds like somthing for me because of the way you ride. I'm constantly on the tank of the sled I have now, and I do a lot of dirt biking etc. in the summer.

Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]If you ride a dirt bike, go for it. For someone who actually likes the way a real snowmobile feels, go for something else. The REV is every motocross racer's dream because it feels like a bike on snow. Not for me...

I'm with magnaman, it's up there with the ugliest things I've ever seen.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I was talkin to a guy who rode one, he says the weight is extremely low, so it rides much like a dirt bike. If you are used to a bike, you may really like this machine.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think they are a welcomed addition to the sport of snowmobiling. The new shape and design is a nice change for the entire industry and allows yet another option for us sledheads to think about when making a new purchase. Some like it, others don't, but that's what makes it so popular when compared to what were used to. It's a nice change, something the industry needed.
I'd say go take one for a test-drive. If you like it, buy it. There's nothing wrong with them, it's simply "different". A sled will only perform as well as your ability to handle it.

IMO, i think they looked a bit strange at first, but after seeing one on the show room floor and sitting on it, i'd definitely consider a REV. I think they look alot better in person. Go for it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I can't wait to try one, i'm sure out of all the guy's I sled with somebody got one.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've been on one and I didn't have any problem sliding my a$$ back on the seat and sticking my feet out in front on the running boards for this "relaxed riding style" that so many say the REV doesn't have. Granted it may not be AS streached out as a standard sled but certainly enough to be comfortable.

This isn't the position where the REV preforms at its best, but think about it.....the only time you ride "streached out" are on nice smooth groomed trails. When you hit the bumps, slide forward and hammer down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've always wanted a Summit. I traded in my XLT Touring last week. I tried a Renegade then Rev for kicks and was instantly sold. I bought it. Its the most fun I've ever had sledding ever. I'd recommend it. If you want more details I'd be happy to help. Its crazy fast. Buying an 800 would be a waste of money and too much for insurance around Timmins Ontario were I live.

Raven

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did you like most about it? I'm really considering one for myself. Around here it'd be a perfect sled.

Originally posted by Raven
[br]I've always wanted a Summit. I traded in my XLT Touring last week. I tried a Renegade then Rev for kicks and was instantly sold. I bought it. Its the most fun I've ever had sledding ever. I'd recommend it. If you want more details I'd be happy to help. Its crazy fast. Buying an 800 would be a waste of money and too much for insurance around Timmins Ontario were I live.

Raven

·
Registered
502 Posts
We bought both the 600 and 800 for the business. I've put about 3 hours on each of them. I love the sled. The ride is different than anything you've been on, but after 5 minutes you don't notice it at all. You get used to it pretty quick. Right now between the 600 and the 800 it doesn't feel like any power difference just riding across fields or in the ditch. The only thing I noticed is that the 800 just feels bigger. I think most of it is mental for me, but it feels a little heavier and bigger even though it is the same chassis jsut bigger motor. Driving it is kind of like driving a four wheeler. Handles great in a rough drifted ditch, flies straight through the air and doesn't pitch bad if you hit a drift a little sideways. If it does pitch a little it seems to correct itself and the landing doesn't jerk you around. The hand warmers are very warm to the point of having to shut them off because my hands and thumb felt as though they were getting burnt. I didn't notice that it rides like a dirtbike though. I also love the styling and the fit and finish of it. The rubber hold down straps are molded with no holes and you hardly notice them. The only thing I don't like is the hood is held in place by a formed peg through a small rubber grommet. Nice sled though

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i would get the 600. i dont like the new iron out there much but i sat on one and i like it. on my polaris seat you sink into it so bad its hard on the knees to try to carry any wieght. on that rev my legs were at the same angle but my body was up and over my feet not behind them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, personally, I think the machine looks wild. A bud of mine where I live just bought the REV 600 ho 'X' Its a perfect ditch banging machine. Is it worth $12,000 or more? I donno, seems like any decent new machine is worth at least $10,000

If your not concerned about mpg, get the 800, its only $1000 over the 600. (you'll apreciate the extra power in the long run) And another must if your going to buy the machine, get the 1 1/4" track (all the tracks on the REV's are only 121" long, so you need all the traction you can get to launch hard)

The riding position feels different, but its definatly something you can get used to :)

This was a pretty cool ditch jump he did on his machine:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Let me remind you that this forum does not tolerate biased commments.

I find it hard to believe that you would think that any 2003 snowmobile is junk. It don't matter whether it's 120 or 1000 cc, no brand spankin' new machine is junk. I would keep those opinions to yourself next time.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Cool, that is an awesome jump and landing there. Lol. I would like to rid e a new rev, just to see what it is like. A guy around here has one but won't let many people take it for a spin. I think they are a good machine, and are well balanced with good power. If I weren't such a diehard Polaris fan I would most likely buy one of these Ski-Doo's.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
LOL

put the nose up a bit too high I see?

That machine IS NOT JUNK. Just cuz you don't like it doesn't mean it's junk. I myself wouldn't like one because I don't like the riding position, I think a dirtbike should be a dirtbike, not a snowmobile. But each to his own. They are apparently a great handling machine.

I also don't like that thing they did with the flap at the back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought one...AND I LOVE IT!! Yes I ride dirt bikes also, but man this is different. The balance is right under you. It looks high, but turns great. It doesn't tip any more than the Polaris I own. I am a polaris fan, but this is light weight cutting edge fun. I won it and it got wrecked the next day. Not by my riding. Read the "I lost it" post in General.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
FWIW, I think those sleds look really sweet now that I have seen them a couple times. I would love to try one myself, but they look like they would be really fun to ride aggressively.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts