Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of getting a 02 edge or a 02 mxz for about 2 grand and was hoping to get help on which one to buy i wont be getting one till hay days.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Personally I would look for a Pro-x..2003.. At haydays you can get good deals, just be careful at what youre looking at.

Between the edge and the MXZ they will be pretty similar. What size motor are you looking at?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking for the mxz 600 but i like the blue and yellow edges and i would like a 600 or 700 for the edge

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have a nice '02 blue/yellow edge x 700 with 1100 miles. But waiting until late fall to sell it for $3000. And yes, the 700 is powerful. bj.hardy has one of these as well, I'm sure he has a few good things to say

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya a 700 with paddles[thumb]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i love mine, the 02 edge has advanced timing giving it more hp, i belive the 700 has around 136hp which is 5 less the the 800 that year, i have a 42 bottom gear epi yellow spring and 10-64's an i can keep up w/ a 08 700 efi dragon and walk away from it at speeds above 105, i havd had it up to over the 120 on the speedo, but understand that is about 10% more then actual, so around 105-110 at very very most, i love mine, how tall are you? i am about 6,3 and it was a tad short so i found a shorty seat an installed it, it worked awesome, and it got alot of looks on the trail if oyu have any other questions lemme know, i also have pics of mine on my gallery if you wanna take a look at it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I have a nice '02 blue/yellow edge x 700 with 1100 miles. But waiting until late fall to sell it for $3000. And yes, the 700 is powerful. bj.hardy has one of these as well, I'm sure he has a few good things to say
3 grand sounds a bit steep for a 10 year old edge....that cash would get you a nice pro-x or even an IQR

·
Registered
567 Posts
as much as i love my edge id go with a mxz the older ski-doo's were awesome but you cant go wrong either way both are good sled just depends what deals you find out there. but theres no replacement for displacement :)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I'm pretty confident in my selling abilities, I won't have to deviate much from the asking price. I've never not sold a sled. I would never be able to get away with pricing it at 3 grand if it wasn't the blue/yellow edge x package. My price just has to be lower than someone else's for the same sled, which isn't hard to do.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
get the Edge, I rode both last fall as I was asking the same question as you. And I went with a Polaris. FWIW

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya any way i think im going for the ski doo my uncle has 2 2002 mxz 600s and they look like they are pretty good sleds and he got his for 2100 bucks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
you will have to change your screen name you know.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya thats ok dont worry about that until i get it

·
Registered
411 Posts
100% go with the Edge. You will not be dissapointed. I ride with 2 MXZ's in my group and they don't even compare to an edge in any category! Plus the Edge always has the ability to accept a triple and then you will have the best combination possible!

·
Registered
458 Posts
id deffinantly go with the MXZ and put a rev seat on it cant beat that sled,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzigfwySVU

·
Registered
411 Posts
jeremybeaner said:
id deffinantly go with the MXZ and put a rev seat on it cant beat that sled,
Have you ever ridden an Edge? There is no comparison. Especially in the power category. There 600 and 700's don't even compare to a Liberty motor power wise.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya i dont know i think i will get whatever i find at a good price

1 - 20 of 35 Posts