Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iam going to buy a mxz x 440 2000
it has 2600km on it, anyone know how long they last?? or good or bad news about them?
Can any one post me a link, so i can see that stats on the seld. i have looked for a few hours and i can't find any stats about it, and help would be great thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to skidoo.com - go to sleds - go to archives 2000-1997 - and click on 2000 - should give you the stats.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not on a X 440 the site won't. If you can ask people who race or did race around the 2000 season. If not raced, at least rode one. If you can't find any of these I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Ask the seller also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i went and looked at skidoo.com and they didn't even have an mxz x in 2000
well not on the site, thanks for the quick replys, if anyone knows any info on them, anything would be great

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
You should make sure it doenst have the High Compression heads. If it still has the high comp heads you will need to run race gas. In other words make sure it is Trail ready if you intend to trail ride and not race. You will need to mix the gas on that sled since there is no oil pump. They are quick sleds with good torque. It will definetly stand up to a beating and come back for more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey i will not be racing it, and it does have the high compression head. About that race fuel i really need to use that?? I will use octane is that good enough? what will happen if i don't use that race fuel, and ya i have to mix it 33:1, there is a litle oil container under the hood, and iam not even sure what its for.. well thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
that little oil tank is for the rotary valve if i remember correctly, is it really small???

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Bignutt,

I may be wrong but octane boost will at most get you to 104, race gas is 110. You will blow the motor with the High Comp heads if you dont run race gas. Some one correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
me thinks you are correct darkstar, high compression head+pump gas= boom[:(]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dger yea its really small, thanks and about that race gas whats that worth and where can i guy get it from?? I live in Saskatchewan Prince albert, if i take off those heads, i will need to buy regular heads? and i will probley lose lots of horsepower right??

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Nope you wont lose much horsepower. My buddies came with them on, he blew his sled up, had the regular heads put on and the thing is still a ripper. Most likely the person you are buying it from will have the heads. If not i am sure you will be able to find a set at the dealer and they may trade you for the High Comp heads.. just a thought. Race is hard to find and it costs anywhere from 2-4 us dollars a gallon...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yeah. i have to run 110 octane in my mach 1 and its about $3.65 a gallon u.s. also, it would be a pain in the ass riding from point A to point B and point B does'nt have race gas, i would definetly put a stock head on it, i've never ridden one with it on. i've ridden them with the standard head and they flat out scoot!![^]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
With the normal heads that sled probably still requires premium gas. I can check with my buddy to see what he puts in at the pumps...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok cool, cuz i don't have that kind of cash to be putting on normal heads or running race gas in it. One more question what about the oil should i use synthdic, thats spelt wrong but you get the idea, and thanks alot man

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
always a good idea to find out what was used for oil previously, if he was loyal to one brand its always a good idea to stick with the same oil, changing back and forth between oils is never a good idea...[:)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts