Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone out there give me some suggestions on how to get my 2001 mxz800 to hook up on take off. I have a 144 woodys gold diggers in it and and it will do is sit there and spin out. Does anyone know if i can do something different also dont know if it matters i weigh around 155lbs.thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If you set your suspension up for a better wieght transpher to the rear you may find an improvement.
See if you can get your hands on a Doo race manual, or check with the guys in the racing thread

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
first of all i'd say becasue you dont weigh all that much (ie 155 is pretty dam light ) i'd say move as far back as you can and get some transfer rods the move the rear idler wheels further back and they get mroe track area to touch the ground. could extend yoru track back to 136 more area touching the ground but then you have more rotating mass, could re-do your reaer suspension to make the track stick farther down, depending on the size track you have you could move to maybe a quarter inch longer lugs would help.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Loosen your limiter strap, Set your torsion spring on the lightest setting, Stand on the bumper and pin it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm a lightweight like you, so I know what you mean. I just kind of deal with it as I don't really ever do drags or anything, though.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You can weigh 50 pounds and get it to stand up you just lose handling capabilities. If everything is loose than you will have a lot of weight transfer and be able to pull some cat walks. Put your rear shocks at the softest position too.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Your wieght is an advantage, why do guys get there women to grass drag their sled......because they are light
I still stand by my first post

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's not an advantage speed and accleration wise, but hooking up is a little tougher. I think no matter what you're going to spin some.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
His sled is just spinning when he takes off so increasing the track speed and engagement will do nothing. He has problems with weight transfer not power useage.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
^^^Or not...He needs weight transfer and if he has less ski pressure (which is what happens when you loosen the limiters) he will have more weight on the track.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by xtralettucetomatoe580
[br]Loosen your limiter strap, Set your torsion spring on the lightest setting, Stand on the bumper and pin it.
exactly what xtra said... my limiter straps a fairly loose right now and I cant get the front end to stay down at all... aka: very good traction!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it's getting good traction and the ski's are lifting I would leave your limiter straps alone now and focus on tweeking your other suspension adjustments. I just went through all of this with a 99 mach1 and I got to the point you are at and basicaly stiffened the front ski shocks so the wieght transfer is not that dramatic, I also played around with the rear spring blocks. Just remember every little adjustment makes a huge diffrence, so do small adjustments. Does this model have the A.C.M. ???
Hope this helps,
MachScooter

·
Registered
295 Posts
weight transfer:
hmmmmm
so you weigh 155 lbs and the sled is spinning at take off. and you are seriously worried about this.just my opinion? ta heck with it and don't worry about it for the time being.
if that sled ever hooks up,it'll rip your hands off the fun flipper--get where i'm going with this.
u have done the best you can for traction. and done well.
now, don't stand on any bumper,race manuals will do no good.do not increase your engagement.forget about nonsence. the best u can do for transfer is to loosen the limiter all u can ( no good for deep snow though,track attack angle )maybe lighten up the ski pressure and maybe lighten up the rear spring pressure. that's it. an old buddy of mine used to race a four cylinder tigre, and i quote ( track spin is spin,try to transfer what u can and the rest is left to the gods ) end quote.

edit: pics are made for ice conditions and will be of little use in snow conditions,especially deep snow, they will have little effect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts