Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
What's with the all black idlers, can I just turn mine around to make them black like that?
'99 500XC

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Whhhhaaaaa I want a new sled!!!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I thought that Ski-Doo's came with these.........
/snofan/../images/users/500fasenuf/idlers.jpg
Or are yours aftermarket?

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are turned around, but to keep them roling the same way swap sides, that was done before i got it but i will leave it that way, the yellow is on the other side, but the back ones are black with the skidoo design, because the guy landed hard on the back wheels and bent them and the suspension so he only fixed the wheel but not the center4 wheel and the suspension arm, i will post the pics

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are the pics of the wheels but i was looking on my 96 mxz 583 and they are painted aluminium and it you flip them you would see silver, and here are the pics of the busted suspension

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
By any chance is that an MXZ-X rear skid? Yeah, it looks like he enjoys hard landings. Ouch!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is and i think what he did is hit a jump and landed with heis skies straight up so the suspension didn't move and that rear arm and the wheels took all the force, but i got it fixed up and ready to go know

·
Registered
134 Posts
so u plan on keeping the boogies as is?...i would turn'em backaround it would look better

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
by the way as i said before the back wheels are black on the other side because of what happened, they have that design but they are black, so it would look funny if it trurnewd them and only the front 2 were yellow, and im not paying $40 for new wheels

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah i guess that u are right...to save some $$$ why not just keep'em as is

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
892 Posts
Is this type of suspension damage common with Skidoos? My friend has a 97 FormulaZ and a 98 MXZ and the front mounting bracket broke on both of them last year.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eye.jpg

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no this is from a bad rider, he landed with the ski almost vertical, so the suspension didn't compress, all the force when into the arm, that could happen to any model

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i have a update on my snowmobile, got everthing done, except mofying the skit plate to fit the new amount of suspension travel, i moved the upper shock mounts down and removed the sway bar and cut the coupler block opening wider because the skies are lower. take a look

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1204.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1205.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1206.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1207.JPG

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have another update, i got the skid plate installed, i have to cut it out and reinforce it with some flat aluminum, i think it looks really good, take a look

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1208.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1209.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/DSCN1210.JPG

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Why do you want to get lower?

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i don't understand you question, on one of the posts i said the skies where lower, im not sure what you mean?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts