Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer has finally ended and so has the motocross season here in Wisconsin
I've managed to get through yet another season without seriously injuring myself (besides a hell of a sprained ankle and the normal bruises and aches) and this year I didn't bend one set of bars, a first for me.

I Ended up with 9 trophies: 1-10th, 1-9th, 2-8th's, 1-7th, 2-5th's, 1-4th, and 1 3rd! Finally got to do the 80 foot tabletop at aztalan...it hurts like a bizznitch if you over clear it. Also I got my first holeshot!! Overall this season was fairly good, but most importantly it was definitely fun
Now it’s time to go beat on the sled!

Here are some pics:

whipping it over a step up at aztalan

"the wall" at aztalan

not quite a holeshot..but close

not much air here

bustin' out a no footed cancan

...this is what happens when the flagger is in never-never land and I t-bone the guy who went down on the landing

style

the guy takin this pic is 6' tall and about 20 feet away from me...that's a big jump

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sno-X-treme
What class do you race? I've been racing amateur or B class for 14 years now. I never dedicate enough time to race expert. About the time I get fast enough I end up in the emergency room. I couldn't race this year since I bought a new Victory motorcycle I didn't have the money. Anyway it's time for snow to fly!

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off i would like to say whats up because this is my first post, but i have a question about racing. I have been ridding for about 8 years now and i have had a variety of bikes form 4 to 2 strokes and 100 to 250 cc's. Right now i am ridding a kx 125. There are a ton of tracks around the state i live in and i ride them as much as i can but i really dont know how i would get into the racing sceen. Also i know bikes need to be maintained quite abit when racing so can you give me a figure on what you guys spend on average fixing your bikes and how much it costs to get your card to race. Thanks for any bit of info.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
125 C, Sportmen (age 16-24, 125-250cc)

Here in District 16 it costs $15 per class/year for class cards + $40/year for an AMA memberhship. Then on race day it costs either $15 or $20 per class, just depends on the track. If you don't crash much it isn't too expensive to keep the bike race ready. The expensive crash items are handlebars, radiators, bodywork and such. The prevenative maintence, airfilters, gear/ chain lubes, premix, grease, ect..., don't add up significtly against all the other costs.

There are several things I'd recommend doing to your bike to make it more bullet-proof before going racing:
-skid plate
-renthal or pro taper bars
-radiator guards
-aluminum throttle tube
-MSR Ultra heavy duty tire tubes
-DID/Renthal/Tsubaki high strength chain, new sprockets too!
-good tires
-go through and regrease the linkage and steering stem bearings

go to http://www.ama-cycle.org and search around, they've got a section "so you wanna race" I think you're in District 1 but I'm not positive

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts