Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sled has changed a lot since i got it from:red running running board plates, high windshield with mirrors, red ski tips, red belly pan(I broke that lol), and a red handle bar cover. To: black belly pan, no/mid height windshield, handguards, black running board plates, pivot riser, and white taped ski tips. This sled has come a long way since i bought it blown up. This has been my first nice sled and i have loved every minute of it!
When i got it

After the first two days i got it

The beginning of this winter(No that snow isnt just from sitting there, just after riding)

The middle getting to the end of this awful winter

All the way to now

I would like to zr this zl add a clutch kit and a can, not sure if that is gonna happen but only time will tell. I will probably update this thread throughout the summer if i make any changes.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Empire087 said:
This sled has changed a lot since i got it from:red running running board plates, high windshield with mirrors, red ski tips, red belly pan(I broke that lol), and a red handle bar cover. To: black belly pan, no/mid height windshield, handguards, black running board plates, pivot riser, and white taped ski tips. This sled has come a long way since i bought it blown up. This has been my first nice sled and i have loved every minute of it!
When i got it

After the first two days i got it

The beginning of this winter(No that snow isnt just from sitting there, just after riding)

The middle getting to the end of this awful winter

All the way to now

I would like to zr this zl add a clutch kit and a can, not sure if that is gonna happen but only time will tell. I will probably update this thread throughout the summer if i make any changes.

nice riser!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you need black c&a razors with green loops, 4" black windshield (4" above the top of the headlight cluster), 2" block riser, and ProTaper Contour bars (charmical bend) with the bar adapters, black headlight cover, ZR SnoPro Fox shocks, black screens.

an maybe this? :D

http://www.arcticfxgraphics.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=76_78_136&products_id=369

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
jesse500 said:
you need black c&a razors with green loops, 4" black windshield (4" above the top of the headlight cluster), 2" block riser, and ProTaper Contour bars (charmical bend) with the bar adapters, black headlight cover, ZR SnoPro Fox shocks, black screens.

an maybe this? :D

http://www.arcticfxgraphics.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=76_78_136&products_id=369
Slightly ironic...for not liking Arctic Cat, you seem to have quite an outspoken opinion on how to make one look. I'm glad you know exactly what it is he wants for his sled. [|)]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ski-dooer: yup, just after getting all the slag knocked off. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, won't break this one!

Thanks bj. Hardy

Quinlan, you read my mind lol.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
on your welds did u use a wire welder or stick welder? if u used a stick welder what type of stick did u use? 6010, 7018, 6011, or 6013

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Empire087 said:
Ski-dooer: yup, just after getting all the slag knocked off. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, won't break this one!

Thanks bj. Hardy

Quinlan, you read my mind lol.

no problem!! kinda looks like u tig'd them,

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually I mig welded them, I like using my mig welder for the kind of stuff. I also like the work environent much better that the schools, which is the only place that has a stick/tig welder.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
well sorry, but i felt that would look cool............ I just looked at all your pics, and added some things that would look cool....

Sorry if i got too personal?

[Disappointed]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's just the "you need to get", honestly I really didn't care about your post. I just think you could have worded the statement differently. I'm not all bent out of shape about it, you shouldn't be either.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
lol. 'you should get' can mean its a opinion..... If you didnt like it, oh well....

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
jesse500 said:
lol. 'you should get' can mean its a opinion..... If you didnt like it, oh well....
If you would have written "You should get..." I wouldn't have made a comment. You wrote "You need..." which implies you are the almighty and all knowing snowmobile wizard. If it were my sled that it was written about, I would have told you to go jump off a cliff. If you want to state your opinion, that's fine...but don't go around telling people what they "need" for their sled...especially in a Cat forum after you go around blatently claiming you do not like Cat one bit.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should be getting the risers powder coated tomorrow, ill post some pictures up. Also does anyone think that white hood vents would look nice? I was thinking about doing that.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
they would match your ski loops.... so im guessing they would look decent

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a ZL500 at the begining of this winter. I think there are some pics in my gallery. I had a 8 inch riser, sno pro suspension, white sly dog skis, tunnel support, black magic can, and a black headlight cover. I loved the sled until it blew up 100 miles after I put a stator in it. Maybe ill fix it. Nice sled btw

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
you NEED to get...... just kiddin. (sorry jesse) Ever consider messing with gearing?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks iowasledder, I do like it. I might end up putting zr suspension in it, not sure though.

Dragon: I have put some thinking into playing with the gearing on this sled. Its really quick too, 84 mph with my 235 pound dad on it by radar gun. The funny thing is the only other sled to beat mine was an 99-00 zl 500 at 85 haha. It carries the skis well, I might gear it down a little bit depending on if i need to change the chain to gear it down like 1 tooth just for a little more grunt in the bottom end.

Also Ill try and get a picture of the new powder coated riser, looks nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts