Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Nice, decent snow when that pic was taken.

·
Registered
699 Posts
look at all those yamahas could make me cry so many good sleds in a row. and all that nice powder when did you take that pic?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the picture was taken about 4 months ago....there's always next year.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty good guesses!!

92 Vmax4-750
98 XT-500
02 SXViper

Here's a picture of under the hood of the old V4. It actually won the amature stock 800 multi-pipe class, at the local drags this past winter.

/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/DSCF0002-small.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
That is a clean sled...What one of your sleds do u like the best??

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The V4 is heavy, the dry weight is around 560 lbs. It gets around 6 - 10 MPG. It flat out smokes the Viper in a drag race, it's just a bit quicker in a rolling race. The Viper has better top end.

As far as trail riding goes the V4 is fun but the Viper wins hands down. The suspension is stiff on the Viper but it can take the rough stuff with ease. The fuel mileage is unbelievable 15 - 20 MPG. The digital speedo is great, I had mixed feelings about this before I used it. The engine is smooth!

The stock track on the Viper leaves a bit to be desired, I'm considering putting on a new Camoplast for next season. I think this would make a difference in a drag race with the V4.

The V4's are cool sleds though!!
/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/DSCF0011-trimed.JPG

When I drag raced the V4 there were a few people that laughed at it.... It was a short lived laugh. Final round results, it was non-studded amateur class, packed snow track, and 4-lane pro timing system. I did have the benefit of a quick reaction time though. I've been told that most drags are won or lost at the starting line.

STOCK A 800CC NON STUDDED CLASS

..........................RT....ET....MPH
1. Yam 750 1992 0.447 9.466 79.56
2. Edge 800 2002 0.526 9.514 77.77
3. ProX 800 2003 0.746 9.778 78.96

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I look at this page at least once a day to look at how much snow those sleds are sitting in. Not too mention they are nice lookin machines...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Nice Yams.
I talked to a guy that put a Fast M-10 into his
V-Max 4, he says now, he wouldn't ride anything else.
Although he is constantly riding in the diection of the nearest gas pump.
But he says "That's the price ya pay to stomp on 700 twins."

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments about the sleds.

Hopefully I'll be adding a 1980 SRX (gold chassis) to the picture soon. It will need to be rebuilt though.

Everytime I look at the picture of the sleds sitting in the snow I wish I could turn back time!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck
[br] I did have the benefit of a quick reaction time though. I've been told that most drags are won or lost at the starting line.

STOCK A 800CC NON STUDDED CLASS

..........................RT....ET....MPH
1. Yam 750 1992 0.447 9.466 79.56
2. Edge 800 2002 0.526 9.514 77.77
3. ProX 800 2003 0.746 9.778 78.96
Do you routinely have that fast of a reaction time? I mean, even most pro racers are usually closer to the .5 r/t range...if so, you should think a little more about getting into this sport seriously

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was my first time racing with a timing system so I really can't honestly say if I will be that fast all the time. I did play around a bit on the first few rounds in order to improve my time. I staged really deep, locked the brake, after we got the signal to fire up I released the lock but still held the brake, I released the brake at the same time I mashed the throttle.

http://www.cosdra.com/results/mar8_03_saultste.html

I'm a bit big to be a serious drag racer - 6'6" and 240lbs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts