Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of talk about $300 dollar setups and stuff, well I'm sure nice, I'm way too cheap for that.

Used Pro-X handle bars
from a member here: 15.00
gReptile grips 15.00
Bar end caps 2.75
1 inch block riser 10.00
sold 2 inch blk riser
to a member here -10.00

Total 32.75

The pro-x bars feel a lot better because they are a straighter bar with a lot less pull then stock xlt bars. Because the pro-x bars have more rise to them I had to go with a 1 inch riser, or have to get a throttle and brake extension. I wanted to keep the set-up as stock looking as possible and wanted to retain the stock bar cover (I did have to shave some of the foam underneath to get the cover to fit). Should work well out on the trails where I do most of my riding.

[attachment=49589]

[attachment=49590]

[attachment=49591]

[attachment=49592]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks good. hand guards would be nice thoguh. did you get hand heaters? or did you salvage the old ones?

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats looks good. Ive seen some nice bar setups for a 100 bucks but you definately got your bang for your buck there it the extensions the really kill ya. ya my handle bars where 100 bucks with the riser but then you add in the cost of the extensions like the brake line was 80 bucks then the throttle extension was anohter 40 and then i went and put on a set of had gaurds they were 80 and then i guess grips and hand warmers where 40 bucks so in the end
about 350 bucks but i like it got to go out once this year and i dont regreat it at all

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
My setup was in the vacinity of $250-$300...money well spent though. With that aside, for the price you spent there pigboy, you can't go wrong. Nice job!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by eddie1920
[br]Nice, now get some hand gaurds.
You can see from this picture that the windshield should do just fine for hand protection. They aren't really any higher then my stock bars with a two inch riser, and with that set-up there were no problems.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]looks good. hand guards would be nice thoguh. did you get hand heaters? or did you salvage the old ones?
I did salvage the handwarmers from from the stock bars. Glued 'em on with some 3m spray glue. Started the sled yesterday and they were heating up, time will tell if the spray glue will hold them in place.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would think that you will need some handguards because I don't think those handlebar warmers will hold up for warmth.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
nice looking set up pigboy especially for the amount of $ you spent. I would think that the glue would hold up, and as long as the hand warmer's kept your hands warm last year, I wouldn't worry about getting hand guards. Unless your planning on going to a lower windshield in the future, but you could always get handguard's then. all in all, Nice Job!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]nice looking set up pigboy especially for the amount of $ you spent. I would think that the glue would hold up, and as long as the hand warmer's kept your hands warm last year, I wouldn't worry about getting hand guards. Unless your planning on going to a lower windshield in the future, but you could always get handguard's then. all in all, Nice Job!
rev500ss is right you probably wouldnt need handguards unless you are gonna get a smaller windshield. I didn't notice the windshield at the time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thats a really good deal! WAY BETTER THEN MINE

Mine costed $263.55 [xx(]

Slp Handlebars 4in rise
Throttle Extentions
Brake Extentions
Slp Anti-slip grips
Sportech Hooks
Powermadd Pad
Powermadd Handguards
5in riser (ordering tomorrow)

[attachment=49910]
[attachment=49911]

2 inch riser is on there now but I want to go higher

5 inch riser isn't on there yet...ordering tomorrow

9 inch rise is going to be nice [:D]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
I was bored, so I decided to do the math.

My complete bar assembly came out to around $325. There are some small things I forgot to add in, but I also made a couple bucks off my old bars, riser, and bar pad, so that evens out.

Kinda scary, mine was basically 10x the price of yours! [|)]

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^ i did the same thing myine came out to $210 i dont regret it though. and i managed to salvage the heaters.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.