Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there seems to be a bunch of faithful 650 owners heres my girl. My friends all ride newer sleds and laugh at me, but they never loose me and all agree if only one sled makes it out of the woods it be the 650. Plus I get to ride f7's and xc's all day cause i can't get them off my sled LOL.
Mods are: XCR radius rods(40 in. stance), C&A ski's, fox shocks front and rear, pipes + dg triple pack silencer, Fabbed my own bars to accomadate stand up riding, acerbis hand guards(installed but no pics yet) 96 studs(half carbide other half Ice chisels), 1992 02 motor, also removed front bumber which IMO also removes 10yrs of its age, just don't get stuck, more to come.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice sled! I love my 650 and don't think I'll ever part with it..it's kinda like an old muscle car, responds well to mods. Someday I'll take some pics of mine and post them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats a nice sled indytriple!! Never owned a 650, but always wanted to...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its got a different sway bar as well. It was actually a kit available through polaris, I believe it was called the "sno cross widening kit" Came with longer rad. rods, tie rods and sway bar. Stock 650 only has a 36.5 in. stance(rxl 38 in.) With this kit I could probably spread it to 42 in. Probably the best handling mod done so far, its almost impossible to roll, with how low the whole sled sits its a blast on the flats. It really outperfoms newer sleds in flat cornering by alot.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I've always wished I had one of those 650's, nice dependable sleds.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Here is the part number for the widening kit. I have one on my 1990 500.
Part number 2870611

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice Indy...what year is she???I just bought a 91 650 longtrack..not pretty looking yet, but she will!!..has a white cowl on it now...any pics around of what she should look like?? Want to bring back to original.
Thanx..Jake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts