Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well here's the Old beast. It's a 89 Indy Trail, 488 fan w/ 1" track. It's nothing like the sleds out today, but it still holds it's own. It likes to be airborne, and being as light as it is it's easy to do!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah it does. Have the pipe and manifold sand blasted and throw a coat of high temp paint on that would look great under there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's melting fast. Just enough for a half way decent pic. They say we will get some tonight, but who knows.
Yeah the engine has a bit of elbow grease rubbed into it. I was thinking of cleaning the pipe up, or shelling out some cash for a new one, for a few extra ponies!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Where do ya live. Up here in ny the snow is still falling pretty hard. But it isn`t staying in one place. Oh well theres still some pretty big snowdrifts.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by firepinto:

I'm about 15 min north of Appleton, Wisconsin. I just herd we are going to get 3-5 in of snow tonight. I can't wait!

[/quote]

Hey Firepinto im in appleton we should get together and ride!!

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thats a good lookin a sled ah! Nice clean engine, could use more snow to support it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After this weekend I'm pretty lucky this beast still looks like the pictures. Had an unexpected run in with a nice deep ditch. Cracked the windsheild, broke a ski skin, and bent a carbide. Pretty minor compared to the thoughts that went through my head before I hit. Not sure how high I flew in the air, but I'm glad I had a helmet on for the landing! That and the sled some how landed on its feet with out me. A crash that you can walk away from is one that you best not forget.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
firepinto plenty of snow on the ground let go hit waverly beach catch me if ya can on my 1980 polaris tx-l lol i am still trying to get my indy 600 right but i found the major prob today let me know

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

1 - 15 of 15 Posts