Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my baby (the Skidoo) and the kids' Yamaha. Found these pictures that were taken a couple of years ago. They're a little dark, I'll have to take some new ones this year on a sunny day so I can get my daughter's Formula S in there too.

/snofan/../images/users/jacqui583/sleds01.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/jacqui583/sleds03.jpg
Just had to show those yellow backers!

Jacqui.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Just one was a little dark Jacqs.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasenuf/sleds01.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Why do you have the backers on diagonally like that? I thought it tears the track easier that way. Now my dad only uses the round ones, lot easier on the track I guess. But yea, the yellow does look sweet on there...too bad it eventually wears off.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey Jacqui,

This is just my opinion, but you should move the backers to be paralell with the lugs. I know the diamond look is cool, but it will hinder the life of the track. I know i have read this on many occasions, and i am a firm believer in keeping the backers lined up with the lugs. This is just my opinion here but i thought maybe i could convince you to rotate them, it might just save you from buying a track.

Just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had the pics put on I took it to the dealer because I didn't have the time or the place to do it myself. The mechanic said she didn't know which way I wanted them so she went ahead and did the diamond pattern to make it look different from everyone elses. I have to add that she is a really good Skidoo mechanic and knows her stuff.

I certainly appreciate the feedback and you guys looking out for me. TriumphoverU, what you are saying makes sense. What I'm going to do is give the track a good looking over to see if there are any signs of damage at the corners. If so, I will start to rotate them parallel to the lugs. (That's going to be a big job; ugghh!) The pics have been on there for 4 or 5 seasons. My partner agrees with the idea of round backers, by the way, he had suggested I get those when I bought pics for my daughter's sled last weekend, so I bought the round machined aluminum backers. It will be a couple of weeks before I'll get to check my sled, but I'll let you guys know what I find.

BTW, wannabe377, I haven't notice the colour fading yet.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My partner said "you've got better pictures that that" so I had to go and dig them out. Should I remove the initial pictures to save some room?

Jacqui.

/snofan/../images/users/jacqui583/sled01.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/jacqui583/sled02.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/jacqui583/sled03.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by TriumphoverU:
Hey Jacqui,

This is just my opinion, but you should move the backers to be paralell with the lugs. I know the diamond look is cool, but it will hinder the life of the track. I know i have read this on many occasions, and i am a firm believer in keeping the backers lined up with the lugs. This is just my opinion here but i thought maybe i could convince you to rotate them, it might just save you from buying a track.

Just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.
[/quote]

Um, yea that's what I said. Oh well...

And the color...are those painted or are they actually that color (like the metal)? If it's painted, I'm pretty sure it'll come off sooner or later. I just said that cuz they look painted...my uncle and my dad's buddy have some purple ones and the metal is that color, and they look different than those...that's why I was wondering.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wannabe377:

Um, yea that's what I said. Oh well...

[/quote]

Yes, thanks for your help wannabe377. Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out.

As far as the backers go, they are the moulded plastic backers; I believe the colour is all the way through.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea, I did think about that once I looked at them closer. Forgot they made plastic backers for a minute...but I did think about that.

The Sled I Ride

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know im changing the topic line a little but Iwanted to comment on the lack of snow in the top pictures. Must be southern Ontario. LOL

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts