Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 700 rmk, is burning down we think :( Ah well, I wanted a new sled anyways! :) for now this is my back up sled, I took off the windshield, tightened the shocks for jumping, MWUHAHAHAHA, lol and loosed the bars, and moved em up, now they're practically long enough to stand up without hunching over at all. Its a 96' 500, with a 136" 1 1/2" paddle. Its pretty nice. Next year, I think I'm gettin an MXZ and tracking it to "136 with 2" paddles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It also has an aftermarket pipe, and it sounds like a beast, and has the power to back it up :)
There should be a couple more rides in the season before I have to hang up my stuff till next winter, but before then, I'm gonna do something huge, huge enough that alticity might consider me for next year! Its the end of the season practically anyways, so if I get hurt, or my sled is destroyed, got all summer to heal up :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have the cash to buy a rev anyways, a 670 or 700 mxz in the zx chassis should do nicely with a 136" 2" paddle. Just wondering, how come you only run a 440?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Why do ya think your RMK in burning down?? It it the 98?? Nice looking sleds..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
where do you get the dough for the sled you have? Do you parents buy them for you?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
are ya askin me why i only run a 440?Well one of the biggest factors is money,another is weight...and i like the low end of the 440. For the money its a great sled, i can keep up with the 800s so why have a 800?i dont think i want to spend 2 more grand for something that is supposed to be faster.i would rather save the money and buy upgrades and/or another sled.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"i can keep up with the 800s so why have a 800?" - 98mxzzx440

I doubt that, especially in the straight aways, cause if a 440 coule keep up with 800s, there'd be no market for anything higher than a 440. BUt I guess if your not climbing or anything, a 440 pretty good, and I'm sure its an awesome jumping sled.

Its a 98 yea. My dad says it might not be, but I don't know. It just gets extremely boggy, especially when I'm climbing, I thought it might be jetting, but my dad said probably not, I guess we'll have to take it in.

And of course mommy and daddy buy my stuff!? lol, I'm sure many posts will ensue how people had to pay for stuff when they were a kid, or had to pay for stuff now, but lets just skip that bit, and I say, So what if I don't have to pay, its better that way :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
ok.....let me change my wording,some 800s.I can easilly keep up with 600s and 700s though. i have kept up with one of my friend mxz 800. He only pulled away in the really long straights,but in the woods i kicked his ass.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm sure what 98mxz is saying is that through the woods a 440 racer is going to be just as fast, if not faster, then any big bore twin. Of course nobody would expect a 440 to keep up across the lake.

I ride with two guys, one has a zl440 and the other zr440, I ride a xltsp. Both are faster through the twisties then me, but I can make up ground on the long straights. Across the lake, both kill me on the hole shot, but around 70mph I start passing 'em, and by 100mph I'm way out in front.

BTW, I had the same Indy500 from '96-'98, bullet proof. I sold it to my dad and he's still driving it today. Took it out of storage this last fall, and it started on two pulls, while I pulled and pulled and pulled on the 'ol xlt.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I bought my own sled...i only payed 1400 for it...but hey thats alot of dough for me.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i bought my own sled too, i will buy all my sleds....i have over 5 grand invested in my sled and trailer and parts that i have had to buy etc....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea a 440 'd probably pull an 800 easy in tight technical stuff cause of the weight difference and such. I'd love to jump a 440, soooo light, my first sled was like a 95 or 96 indy lite 340, and I did a little jumping back then, and my first jump, about 5ft, tall, I only hit it about 25 and jumped about 6-7ft in the air, but I landed really sideways and fell off, lucky I didn't hit any trailers or trucks cause it was in the parking lot :) When I get a job I'll be paying for my stuff the most part, but, until I move out, I'm gonna take it to my advantage to mooch off my mom and dad just a little :) ha ha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not gonna get to ride my backup sled I guess :(

My dad doesn't want to go to the crappy snow, I do, I just want to jump and try some big hits and freestyle....but, I guess I'll have to wait till next year...The end of the season really bums me out. Atleast I'll be getting a dirt bike soon so I won't be to sad about the end of the season :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts