Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple of winters I have had a cheap beater sled to mess around with when I do not feel like riding my ski doo. 3 winters ago it was a polaris colt, last winter it was a indy 500 efi, this year I found a 1989 indy 650 for 160 bucks. It only has 1500 miles, but was in rough shape, one std bore cylinder with the rest .20 with poorly fitted pistons, junk track, junk skis, the hyfax was non-existant. I ended up taking it down to the chassis, had the one std bore cylinder bored to .20 over, and had all three cylinders fitted for new pistons, rings, and bearings. I also did all of the chaincase bearings and seals, drive and jackshaft bearings, speedo key, speedo cable, new camoplast predator that I got for 175 new in box, new hyfax and bogie wheels, xlt seat/tank, and a bunch of other little junk. I have about 600 tied up in it now. It also has decker triple pipes, and the carbs are bored to 39.5mm as well as .15 cut heads which puts the compression at 132 psi, so I should be able to run it on 91 still. I have not taken many pictures, but here is a video of it idling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tz3a6t2Ifg

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
thats a nice looking sled for the price

·
Registered
197 Posts
where did you get a track that cheap?i can only find new tracks for 250-300+

·
Registered
443 Posts