Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....i got a 89 HOnda Civic DX w/ AC, its a 5speed, put a JVC CD player in it a couple years ago and have a 200watt hifonics amp powering my 2 12inch JL's (W4) i know, i know, i need more power, but no cash flow right now!!!i also got JL 5 1/4 in the doors.....i know, i know weak, but hey, thats all that would fit and my bro picked those out....

There's always next year....

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
civics and cars like that can be ok but when I started to be afraid of bees when I hear them coming well then its beyond my points of accebtability.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, ya.....ill go edit the post....hehehe

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Arctic guy. I have just a single 12" JL Audio W3 and i love it. It's in a ported box and i built it to specs. Powered by a 10 year-old Rockford Punch 150 amp. Nothing earth-shattering, but i still can't believe the low frequencies it puts out. No distortion. Just for fun, i entered a local dB drag race in the lowest category, and my setup shot out 132 decibels! The highest of the day was a Blazer with 155 decibels and eight 15" subs. Too much for me! IMO.

This was several years ago. I only bought it for more sound, not noise. I do not CRUISE mainstreet pounding away, i just wanted a fuller sounding system. I like JL's.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I think I know the Blazer. It is in one Street glow catalog I have and I saw it on TV once. No way in hell am I doing that to my Blazer though :)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was gonna by 2 10 inch JL's in a ported box, they were just as loud as the 12's i got now, the box was bout 3X as big, barly fit in my trunk, i think they were actually a little louder, but cost $100 more. if i remember they were only W3 or W2. My subs arent good for quiet...its either loud, or none. They make the car rattle a bit tho!!hehe...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
They make the car rattle a bit tho!!hehe...

hehe...they make the cars next to you rattle!...then their stupid alarms go off.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I set off a couple alarms in a parking garage this weekend with my stock exhaust on my S2K.....god I love that sound! Can't wait to get a different exhaust system so it really opens up! As for tunes I haven't decided if I want to try to shoehorn in my 15" image dynamics IDQ into it yet or not.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts