Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a pic of my dads 1993 Storm SKS. Boy does that sled crank, to bad he doesn't trust me alone with it. Lol

*Sled Dog posted a smaller, faster loading picture"

Remember: DON"T HESITATE.........ACCELERATE!!!!

[red]Edited by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Man, you should really convert that picture to a .jpg It took forever to load and I'm on cable.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
good work. Thanks man.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hmmm brings back memories!!!! Now all that sled is missing is a set of PSI triple pipes and you might as well be riding my old sled! Brings me back to the days when there was actually snow to ride!!!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
149 Posts
THats a nice sled there. Too bad about you dad not trusting you with it though! Try begging and pleading!

I need spellcheck!

91 RXL/SKS 650
91 Exciter II 570

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just FYI I HATED the hot pink on mine! hehe

Nothin says power like pink! (What were they thinking?)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

Nothin says power like pink!

[/quote]

Nothing says power like pink, except maybe those ribbons that hang out the end of your handlebars on your first bike...

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
HAHA now that would be a cool mod!! Streamers!

·
Registered
268 Posts
LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since the crankshaft went in my sled, my dad has been letting me ride it
, well i was out on the Belgrade lake the other day and i believe i had the speedometer up to about 102, man does that feel good, lol, goin a hundred on a sled knowing your life depends on your right hand thumb. She seems like a pretty powerful sled, it still had some throttle left, but that is surely fast enough for me. And man those things really suck the gas done, compared to my old xcr anyway. Intendedacceleration what was the top speed on your old storm? Did you constantly have to keep snow on the running boards over the heat exchanger? I think it might have a bad one.

Remember: DON"T HESITATE.........ACCELERATE!!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I don't know what top speed was on it cause on day I was running it on a lake....all I know is that the speedo was WELL over 100 then the cable snapped....after that no more speedometer! As for the heat exchanger I had no trouble with mine ever overheating. Mine was very reliable other than the suspension.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not too crazy about the pink, but it is a sweet sled. I like the sleds with black as the base color. It just gets me in that "Oakland Raider's black and silver, bad-azz" mood.

We don't care what you ride. Just ride!
<a href="http://home.gci.net/~sidekick1/snowstart.htm">My Snowmachine Site</a>
'02 550 SuperSport
'02 700 RMK

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[navy]We payed $1600 for it. It seems like we got a good deal cause it has a new track on it. We needed to rejet it though. Only has 2911 original miles on it. I don't usually like pink, but i think its sharp on this sled. It rides great to, its got Xtra 10 suspension.Here are some more photos in .jpg.[/font=Century Gothic][/navy]

[navy]Here it is again. And thats under the hood, I havenet been able to clean yet.[/font=Century Gothic][/navy]

Remember: Don't Hesitate.... Accelerate

Edited by - smxcr on 20 Feb 2002 07:55:17

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Mine didn't have the Xtra-10 suspension...was that only on the SKS or do you have a different year than 93?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
nice, ive always liked the storm graphics!!

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

1 - 19 of 19 Posts