Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the track I bought off eBay, a 1.5" lug with hardly any miles on it. Originally, it was from an owner in Idaho, which could help explain the great condition it’s in.

I got it for $265 plus another $20 for shipping – I figure it was just too good of a deal to pass up, even if I don’t get a chance to use it this year!

The thing's still got the "titties" on it from the manufacturing process!

/snofan/../images/users/Jakyll/track.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, I put a track almost identical to the on my xcr and it made a huge difference..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Studs = Great on hard pack and ice, but useless in powder.

Paddle = Great in owder, but marginal (IMO) on the hard pack.

I've got 192 1.25" studs on my stock 1" track. When the snow starts getting deep and the studs become useless, I'll run the paddles. Running the paddles too early or too late in the season would destroy the track and lugs, as no snow can get thru the windows and lube the slides/track properly.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by Jakyll
[br] Originally, it was from an owner in Idaho, which could help explain the great condition it’s in.

Just curious as too why you think the track is in good condition because the guy is from Idaho???? Anyway glad to see your happy with your purchase... you use ebay alot?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have heard from some that the paddle tracks really chew up the trail and cause very large bumps. When MN implamented the Stud laws a few years back many people switched and I heard a lot of complaints about the affects on the trails. Also they were not impressed with thier effectiveness due to the fact we have mostly hard pack here in Minny.

/snofan/../images/users/Bill/Skidoo.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts