Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last yr it blew the crank bearing seals and it's still torn apart, I took some pics today...

(I guess I should clarify for some ppl that this is no longer my machine, the guy who bought it from me is the same guy who was changing the hood on my Pro X, from when I hit the deer)

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/xcr440spengine1.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/xcr440spengine2.jpg

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not rust, that's what the pistons looked like when he cracked it open.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats nothing last year we blew up my 400 free air I mean BLEW IT UP!!! like peaces of piston out the exhaust pipe out through the carbs ect ect ect. Now thats blowing up an engine. I am now using the cyl head off the left side of the engine as an ash tray in my reckroom. Sorry not the head I mean the hole cyl. because the piston is loged in the top of the cyl.Looks kinda neat because the fins on the cyl were painted red.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one didn't blow, he tore it apart to change the crank bearings...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, this guy has been working on sled engines for 20 or 25 years, he says it's all fine. Those scratches have been there since I first bought that sled. You could see them thru the exhaust port.

There are like 4000 miles on those.

Said he's not even gonna change the rings.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
ya, the engine will run fine with it, but still. The pistons that came out of my motor had some minor scuffing, but nothing too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts