nice sled and car

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya what kind of car is that.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
With that pic you are making me wan't an F7.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
What do you think it will run in 2000 feet, and how many HP are you running.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hade a graphics shop that I am friends with the owner make the flames for me, I am thinking about doing flames on the hood instead of the stock graphics, but i am not sure. Zrt 600 which one are you wondering the hp on?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by Willy Fisterbottum
[br]99 Eclipse GSX-460 rwhp 122 cubic inches
And how long is that going to stay together, lol. Pretty low on the cubes for that much HP, parts have gotta be stressin.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Oh ya the F7's were beating the RX1's up here in 2000 feet, both of them were stock, except for a few RX1 Turbos.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
That thing looks pretty sweet man. Do you have snow? if not, I hope u get some too so u can take yer new toy for a ride!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
where was this 2000 foot run? haven't heard of any runs that last 2000 feet. I am not impressed with RX-1s but I keep getting mixed reports. I am getting mixed reports on F7s as well so who knows. And if that cars engine is built right it will be fine. Just like high horsepower V8s you build it right it will take lots of stress. Thats the one sad thing about imports, sure they only put out like 150HP from the factory but when you consider they have half the horsepower of a modern V8 in an engine 1/4 the size thats a sad sign of the V8 market.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
well, nah, i'm just saying that motors that have that high of a HP to CI ratio, (like on the dragsrip or racetrack) are usually rebuilt at least every 2-3 years. Although they are run harder than a street car.

consider, a top fuelie at 5000HP for 500CI. that would be what, 10HP/CI? His motor was at 460/122 or 3.8 HP/CI. Consider a stock car, which is usually like what, 1000hp/358ci or 2.8HP/CI. Those motors are rebuilt every race.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by Willy Fisterbottum
[br]99 Eclipse GSX-460 rwhp 122 cubic inches
460 rwhp. Very nice. Do you know what turbo he's using? Did he ever break the center differential or twist any driveshafts??? My roomate also has a 1998 GSX modified for Auto-cross and track events, but it's only at about 350 hp on the 2.0L.
When you say rwhp, i'm assuming that your buddy put the car on a dyno with only the rear wheels on the barrel, because of the AWD. I know it is very difficult to dyno an AWD car, so i'm guessing he disconnected the front wheel drive shafts, am i right? I'm just curious.
Very nice sled and car.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Hey this isn't a ricer board its a snowmobile board!! LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts