Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nice looking truck Jeff! Haven't been around here much lately but as usuall my smart-ass remark is that it is just another big shiny red truck!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Well threads over a year old, how do you like? What I've learned talking to 6.7 owners is they start like a Gasser even in the cold. No more 7.3 miss and knock till oil reaches op temp. I've heard they're good motors. I'm a Dodge/Cummins guy but to each there own. My 6.7 Cummins is nice but I think I'm going to sell it and stick with the 5.9

As for parking, and the extra cost of owning a diesel. Just excuses for guys that can't make up their mind, scared or their wife secretly hold their jewels in her purse ;).

My 10 and my 94 both land yachts the 94 at 23ft bumper to bumper and the 2010 at 21ft, never had issues parking either of em. Just need to learn to drive ;)

Reactions: Polaris-Man

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well threads over a year old, how do you like? What I've learned talking to 6.7 owners is they start like a Gasser even in the cold. No more 7.3 miss and knock till oil reaches op temp. I've heard they're good motors. I'm a Dodge/Cummins guy but to each there own. My 6.7 Cummins is nice but I think I'm going to sell it and stick with the 5.9

As for parking, and the extra cost of owning a diesel. Just excuses for guys that can't make up their mind, scared or their wife secretly hold their jewels in her purse ;).

My 10 and my 94 both land yachts the 94 at 23ft bumper to bumper and the 2010 at 21ft, never had issues parking either of em. Just need to learn to drive ;)
Just curious why you would sell the 6.7 and go with a 5.9? I would never go back to a 5.9.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I really like this truck, I have about 40,000 km or 25,000 miles on it and I wouldn't trade it back for a half ton or a gas truck anytime soon.

Starts good, gets good mileage, can pull like no tomorrow, I'm quite happy with it.

Parked next to a Smart car the other day, I don't know how anyone can drive one of those things...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Nice rig! I've had em all at one point or another...Fords have given the best result in my case. I've owned one diesel Ford, 08' F-350. Only other diesel was a 07' Ram 2500. Gotta say, the F-series was so much more refined as a vehicle in general. The Dodge was like driving a tractor compared to the ford...and who wants to drive a lame ass tractor?????? :2guns:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice ride, congrats! Diesel enthusiasts will argue until they die about whats best etc, I don't think you can really go wrong with anything that new, no matter what it is. My old man recently picked up a 2015 Chevy with the Duramax, impressive truck. I've taken a few rides in basically the exact same truck you have there, driven a dodge, and do a fair amount of tugging around a Ditch Witch or Skidsteer for work with a 2006 Duramax. They're all great machines, comes down to personal preference. I own a gasser and the next truck I buy will be a diesel.

Might want some meatier tires on there come winter time! :icon_smilie_1237:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just curious why you would sell the 6.7 and go with a 5.9? I would never go back to a 5.9.
Don't like the payments and I'm more of a 2nd gen guy, plus I hear stories of expensive issues that go bad, I like the truck but idk haha

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Don't like the payments and I'm more of a 2nd gen guy, plus I hear stories of expensive issues that go bad, I like the truck but idk haha
Fair enough. The 2nd gens have a spot in my heart too. As do the 1st gens. I'm keeping my eye out for a 12v reg cab. You should delete yours and it won't have expensive issues. It'll be a whole new truck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Fair enough. The 2nd gens have a spot in my heart too. As do the 1st gens. I'm keeping my eye out for a 12v reg cab. You should delete yours and it won't have expensive issues. It'll be a whole new truck.
She is deleted, minimaxx with trans unlock and a truck load of MCC custom tunes, I've not had an issue yet, its mostly the payments though

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Another big turn off is I like to customize and tinker I can't do that with the 4th gen, if I do something to it its going to be correct with the right tools and parts, I couldn't do that on it cause its expensive so just the basics

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sounds like a nice truck. Is the MCC and custom tuning worth it? I'm getting to that point now where I would like to get those. I like to tinker too, but I like a few creature comforts and the looks of the 4th gens. Plus my payments are pretty cheap (under $300).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Idk, I haven't played much with it, I paid a guy to write my tunes, told him what I had and was after.

It is a nice truck, I love it, I'm up over 500, probably younger worse credit, and an older vehicle

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I love my 2nd gen....S&B cai, Air Dog 150, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, built trans, Bilsteins, Toyo Open Country ATII's...just had the truck sprayed about two months ago. It is in very good condition for it's age. It has 197k on it and had a rough life before I bought it. I think the turbo may be headed south as I am burning a little oil now and the impeller is oily. That will be a springtime project. It does ride like a stagecoach but it can handle.whatever you throw at it. I get 16-17 mpg just beating around town with it. My last two gassers were about 14.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Fast forward a few years....the old black girl is running strong. I just did brakes and tires on it a short time ago. I went with Hankook Dynapro ATM3's. Nice and quiet, 10ply. Next year will be 10 yrs of ownership....and I have put a whopping 50k on it lol. I have been DD'ing a Legacy GT and to get in the truck for a few days I realize how loud the damn thing is! There is no sound like the 24V Cummins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad I found someone who used a set of Hankook tires. I've seen that exact Hankook Dynapro tires at 4WheelOnline. It's one of the tires that I'm considering as a replacement for my current stock. Thanks for the insight.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts