Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the ride out to the condo in the foothills.
Road Mode of transport Highway Road trip Vehicle

Room Property Floor Furniture Building

inside of the condo. not bad?

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Piste Tree

first stuck of the weekend.

Snow Geological phenomenon Winter Vehicle Freezing

tried to turn the wrong direction on a sidehill. the things you learn out there!

Geological phenomenon Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Mountain Ice

trench i made hill climbing. i will admit, i downright suck at highmarkin.

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Geological phenomenon Winter

Snow Geological phenomenon Winter Recreation Freezing

Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Geological phenomenon

getting a lot better at carving. its easy to learn when if you dont pull the carve off, in the trees you go!!!

Snow Winter Tree Atmospheric phenomenon Geological phenomenon

Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Winter sport

our boondock area i found on the last day. i love just free-riding through the smaller open areas.

Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Winter sport

found untouched areas like this ALL day!

Snow Snowmobile Winter Winter sport Geological phenomenon

Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Geological phenomenon Winter sport

just a couple cool pics of the sled.

I learned on Wednesday, that the Snowy Mountains near Laramie got 1-3 feet of snow! so i converted 3 sleds to mountain ready condition in 5 hours. after school we left and we got out there around 5 i think. 15 hour drive! First day we went just in some easier areas for everyone to catch on. second day we had some locals who knew the area (supposedly) lead us through the trees, trying to find the "elusive" meadows. unfortunatly we never found them, and we had to turn around. day 3 was boondockin deluxe day. all day. sorry for the unorganized ride report, i just simply dont have the time for a perfect one. but i do want to show you guys my adventure. now i know im no expert, boondocker, sledneck, high-marker, so dont say im trying to be. Can't wait for next year!!!

· Registered
566 Posts
you dont suck at highmarking bro just need a longer track thats about what casper was like thursday after that storm glad you had fun ill be there next weekend showing some other guys around

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick said:
you dont [highlight=red]suck[/highlight=red] at highmarking bro just need a [highlight=yellow]longer track [/highlight=yellow]thats about what casper was like thursday after that storm glad you had fun ill be there next weekend showing some other guys around
oh yea i need a longer track, except i liked the 121 for the tight tree riding. and i did highmark the WIDOWMAKER because i was the first one up! [thumb]

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Looks like you stayed at with Brent and Mira up at winter creek condo's. They are extremely nice people. I would also recommend staying with Chris up at Mountain Meadows. Cheaper then Brent and Mira but they didnt have gas this year up top by Green Rock and you have to ride into the cabins. Next time you go up, get yourself a GPS and load it with the trail maps. They can be a life saver and you find trails pretty easy and can backtrack out if your lost. We have gone up for 4 years now and this year we had the GPS and ventured pretty far out knowing that we could find our way back. You can really find some cool places if you follow the N-O trail back to widow maker. There is also a cool way from beginner hill right off of U trail to widowmaker that saves you about 20 minutes of trail riding. Check out my gallery, tons of pictures you might enjoy from the Snowy Mountain Range. My first time out i took a 2002 ZR 600 CCE with a 1.25 track. Lots of digging and jumping around on the sled to keep from getting stuck, especially in the champagne snow we had.

· Registered
566 Posts
next time you come out ill take you out let me know ill show you a thing or two :) and what part of widowmaker you highmark the top or just part way :)

· Registered
566 Posts
anyone try going thru the rock chute? widowmaker is a fun climb glad to hear you enjoyed it

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no. the the first time we went there, it was so cloudy/snowy that you could hardly see the bottom of the far right rock formations. the when we went there again, it was sunny. but we were there a few days after 3 feet of snow. highest mark was mid-way up the far right rocks.

· Registered
566 Posts
i know so many people that take these mountains for granted and when i hear about other people that dont get to experience this im glad i live where i do i wish and invite everyone if youi can please come enjoy our mountains there are no restrictions like other states i want to go ride in some other states back east just to experience the difference

· Registered
921 Posts
quick said:
anyone try going thru the rock chute? widowmaker is a fun climb glad to hear you enjoyed it
When we were out there a guy shot that with his turbo nitro. That guy was nuts. Got damn close to the rocks near the top. Some crazy shit

quick said:
i know so many people that take these mountains for granted and when i hear about other people that dont get to experience this im glad i live where i do i wish and invite everyone if youi can please come enjoy our mountains there are no restrictions like other states i want to go ride in some other states back east just to experience the difference
Only restriction is if your sled breaks down and you accidently let it slip that your from out of state at the dealership they usually won't help you and jus walk away.

· Registered
566 Posts
i seee was that nytro purple or blue i not a couple guys that run em and i know theyre all nuts one has a 174 16 wide with a turbo and you point and go thats its sled is way fun for climbing

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Dragon700 said:
lets just say it ruined minnesota riding for me.
Dad tells me the same thing would happen! I bet if i even rode up by like Two Harbors with all the better trails it'd ruin all local riding i do!

Good to hear ya had an awesome trip!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.