Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't know if you think this counts but we got enough snow to cover the grass so I took the Indy Trail out and went a whole .1 of a mile. It may net be much but I had to it was just begging to be ridden

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
last week we had just a dusting, if my sled was home it would've been test driven

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
16 Posts
IN WINNIPEG WE JUST HAD ABOUT 2CM I WENT DOWN TO THE END OF THE BAY AND BACK ON THE CAT IT WAS JUST GREAT.GO BOMBERS GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREY CUP????????????

·
Registered
59 Posts
78 miles so far. about a week ago we had about 5-6 inches in northern maine and i was able to ride but now its all gone:(
93 polaris RXL650

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO!!!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Yeah, pretty much everything around here runs on Diesel.

We have gas too, but they put a dye in it, so we can't run it in our sleds. Because farmers don't have to pay a tax or something on fuel, they don't want you using the cheaper gas in toys. It's a massive fine if they find dyed gas in a sled. It's even a huge fine if you are running dyed gas in a car, only thing u can run it in is "Farm Trucks" like pickup or service truck or grain truck.

The Diesel is the same way.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That sucks. What are the farmers kids supposed to use? We have the same rules here in MI but no dye at least when I was younger. We figured rules were made to be broken, good thing our dads didn't find out we were cruising around town on tractor gas or they would have tanned our hides.

By the way your parents must be proud of their kids. You and your brother and sister seem to have a lot of good sense.

·
Registered
243 Posts
As I understand it in the states.. the dye shows that there has been no state or federal tax paid on the fuel. You can't use it in vehicles because those taxes pay to build and maintane the roads. I don't think tax dollars go into grooming?? Maybe they pay to build the trails, but if not I don't know why you couldn't use untaxed fuel in your sleds???

Just my thought

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason that they dye the fuel IS to show that tax hasn't been paid on it. The reason for that is that farmers would just exempt it from their taxes anyway and this way the government doesn't have to worry about it being exempt from the income tax. That is what I was told by my friend's dad a while ago.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts